Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way to remove emulsion paint from outside wall?

• 11-08-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Is there a super quick way to take emulsion paint off an outside wall and bring it back to the plaster (cement and sand plastered)? My friend is using a power washer but it's taking ages to even get a bit off. Is something like Nitromors the only other alternative?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Not really no, but it begs the question, why do you want to get it back to the sand / cement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It's a front porch. The house was recently re-roofed and this time the porch was included in the roof rather than being a separate entity but in order to make the lines of the front of the house cleaner, my friend has to re-plaster the porch or part of it to redo the plinth line on the porch so it matches the house. I'm not sure if I'm saying that right - I haven't seen it so going on what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its being re-plastered then can you not just key up the surface of the wall with a grinder?

Advertisement