Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menu bar missing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

gone again for me, the default view...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I've been up late all week and it has been gone late all week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It's gone again for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Im using the default VBB skin and its always looked fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Dragging up an old thread but my menu bar with the dropdowns appears to be missing. Anyone else got the same problem or have I accidentally hit something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yup, using Chrome if that makes any difference.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Same. FF, Windows 8, Old Beta skin.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,248 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

same here, on chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, menu bar's missing in IE9 as well.

Looks like it's only in the old style boards. Just checked the new style in Firefox and it's there

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Argh! Are we gonna be 'menu bar-less' over Christmas?

*mass panic*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Gone here too.
    Using Chrome and old Cloud skin

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Same.

Chrome and Boards beta skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,248 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

working on new beta skin but not on old one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Gonzo for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'm using the default (new) skin atm and it's appearing for me, so let me look into this. We don't have any of the tech team in the office unfortunately, but as a workaround, you can switch to the default skin (on the bottom of this page) and you should at least be menued.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Dav wrote: »
    I'm using the default (new) skin atm and it's appearing for me, so let me look into this. We don't have any of the tech team in the office unfortunately, but as a workaround, you can switch to the default skin (on the bottom of this page) and you should at least be menued.

I've swapped to the beta black skin and all is fine.
    Still prefer the old skin though, but thats for another thread :)

Was this all part of the plan to force us oldies to the new skin? :P

Well I can assure you it wasn't deliberate :) We're no longer going to be supporting the old skins though (and we've been talking at length about old skins disappearing and not being supported in the future for about 2 years at this stage, so it can't come as a surprise to anyone), so if this is going to take the tech team more than a quick fix, then it may not happen...

But it's way too early to say that for certain, I have a suspicion I know what's caused it, but it's not something I can fix - as it's been about 10 years since I wrote any software who knows what sort of horrors I could unleash if I was let loose on the code! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was using the old beta skin, will be sad to see it go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No way to mark all forums read. Its going to drive me nuts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Mr E wrote: »
    No way to mark all forums read. Its going to drive me nuts. :(

Scroll to bottom of page here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php? And the link "mark forums read" is just above the list of who's online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I changed to the new beta skin and it's back.
    I hope you're all happy! :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm using the 'Old Beta' aka the better one and the menu bar is gone for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I switched to the "new" skin to get the nav bar back but I ****ing hate it like nothing else on the internet, how do i switch back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Considering how horrible that new skin is, are ye trying to kill the site by forcing us to use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Gone here too, latest version of firefox. Actually I think it started when I clicked to accept the cookies on the header, maybe they're linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Dav wrote: »
    Well I can assure you it wasn't deliberate :) We're no longer going to be supporting the old skins though (and we've been talking at length about old skins disappearing and not being supported in the future for about 2 years at this stage, so it can't come as a surprise to anyone), so if this is going to take the tech team more than a quick fix, then it may not happen...

But it's way too early to say that for certain, I have a suspicion I know what's caused it, but it's not something I can fix - as it's been about 10 years since I wrote any software who knows what sort of horrors I could unleash if I was let loose on the code! :)
    The bit in bold is a bit of surprise frankly, as it was clearly stated in the thread announcing the new beta that the old skins weren't going anywhere.

• Advertisement

I still don't understand the hatred towards the new skin, but that's besides the point. The old skins will eventually have to disappear when we get to a stage where nothing works for them. We're planning on significant changes for how the site looks and performs in the new year - the new Talk To stuff that we're currently showing off (see this thread for details) is an example of what I mean - that won't work in any of the old skins and we're not going to be spending any time on doing so.

Advertisement