Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood, Logs or Turf ?

Options
  • 12-08-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a supply of cheap logs or turf for the winter, any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Sunny

Just wondering where abouts are you located as I know 1 or 2 people that supply a trailer load of logs around the Ballon area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I also have someone in Ballon who supplies a large trailer of logs for what I think is a good price. Possible we know the same people Tommy?
    Sunny, PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

kwalshe wrote: »
    I also have someone in Ballon who supplies a large trailer of logs for what I think is a good price. Possible we know the same people Tommy?
    Sunny, PM me if you want his number.

How much?

I'd have to check with my minister for finance but I think she said €120, i'll be finished bagging them after delivery over the w/e and could tell you then how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Thank you guys. Appreciated.

• Advertisement

Anyone got a number ?

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Anyone got a number ?

Sorry Sunny, will PM it to you today..

. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just wondering if anyone here knows anyone in the Carlow area selling dried hardwood firewood? I can get loads of softwood or so called "Seasoned" hardwood but looking for decent dried hardwood for a stove.

Cheers.

Threads merged

• Advertisement

Cheers Tommy, I did search firewood and wood but guess logs was what I should have searched!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

where's my thread gone? anyway, rang that guy in maynooth moonbeam. he said he wouldn't be back up to the kildare area for another month. so i rang the guy i used last year. 3 tonnes of seasoned hard wood for €260, to be delivered saturday. happy days.

Where is he based?

@villian. me? i rang an 046 number. think he's offaly. pm me if you want his number

PM sent to Villain and Sunny2004 with the number for my contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

beertons wrote: »
    where's my thread gone? anyway, rang that guy in maynooth moonbeam. he said he wouldn't be back up to the kildare area for another month. so i rang the guy i used last year. 3 tonnes of seasoned hard wood for €260, to be delivered saturday. happy days.

I bet if you bring it over a weighbridge you won't have anything near 3 tonnes .

btw - Kiln dried firewood is the best out there , especially if you have a multi-fuel stove

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

kwalshe wrote: »
    I'd have to check with my minister for finance but I think she said €120, i'll be finished bagging them after delivery over the w/e and could tell you then how many.
    Hi kwalsh, is that a decent size trailer? seems like a great price. Could you pm me his number too please mate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

beertons wrote: »

is this split firewood

^ what ya mean? Was it all cut up?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

ya cut up. ready to burn. how big of a trailer was it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

No way would you get 3 tonne of firewood for that price. I'd have a fair guess that there wouldn't be much more than a half tonne in the load. 3 tonne of timber is a L.O.T. of dried timber, believe me.

I wan't here when he dropped it, had to fly off to hospital. Got him last year and the year before, and it was there or abouts 3 tonnes. PM me if you want his number. Dry wood too.

headmaster wrote: »
    there wouldn't be much more than a half tonne in the load.

You should have called round to help bring it round the back then. Took 3 lads over 3 hours. There's enough to get me through to April, going by last years weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

As a matter of interest, where did you weigh it?

Have you anything helpful to add?

Advertisement