Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What online galleries are used for wedding proofs?

• 12-08-2011 12:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

I can't seem to get a straight answer, if i were to show a couple 800+ proofs from the wedding in low res i understand a good option is a online gallery. What i really want to know is can anyone recommend one in particular? How exactly do they work and what would be another viable option?

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Zenfolio.com is a viable option. Go to their website and have a look to see how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

apologies beforehand if you get insulted by this but...

Are you shooting weddings without knowing how to display/upsell the images ?

(on a side note)

Why do people (in general - not aimed at you OP) go half a$$ed into things, I mean why do something when you dont exactly know what you are doing - at the moment I'm learning underwater photography - I have been learning for over 15months, so far I have about 10-12dives under my belt - I have purchased all the equipment that I think I need for now and hopefully within the next 12-18months I will be taking on work.

Anyway - my point is .... I wouldn't dream of taking on work now (and have refused in one case) because I don't know everything that I need to know,
    Yes, I have all the equipment that national geographic photographers use,
    Yes I have the understanding and know how of getting the images,
    Yes I can do the job
    Yes I think its best to wait and see if there's other things that I don't know
    Yes I can dive and control my buoyancy underwater
    Yes there are things that I don't know but will require to work commercially.

No its not the right time...yet !

Yes I plan on creating a business, yes I hope it will be successful

EDIT: as regards proofs, an online gallery is decent enough idea (and cheap-ish) but proper professional proofs printed off and given or shown to bride/groom allows them to flick through and choose, makes them feel a bit special....maybe I'm just old school !!

FOR ANY BUDDING WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS OUT THERE - These kind of decisions should be made before taking on a job, you should also have a contract in place to explain to the couple your role and what you expect of them as well as details of price/fees contractual agreements, terms and conditions of shooting the wedding, approximate processing times, details of whether images can be used online or if images are supplied on CD/DVD or not, how the couple can view the images after the wedding as well as details of your insurance !! etc etc

if you prepare beforehand usually then you will have a back-up plan if something goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

PCPhoto wrote: »
    - at the moment I'm learning underwater photography -

OP sorry for off topic...

Good read about Underwater photography over on fstoppers.com today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Would you try flickr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

oshead wrote: »
    OP sorry for off topic...

Good read about Underwater photography over on fstoppers.com today.

Decent enough read -

the main thing I picked up on was
    Fstoppers: What advice do you have for aspiring photographers?

Thomas Peschak: First and foremost find a story or subject that you are passionate about and then research the hell out of it. Before every assignment I routinely read hundreds of scientific papers, popular articles and books. I also spend days on the phone or email talking to every expert in the field I can find. To be successful you have to be two hundred million percent obsessed with photography and with telling stories that matter! If I haven’t got the image I don’t sleep and I get grumpy and miserable. It isn’t a nine-to-five job, it is a passion, and it helps to be little crazy. I am madly in love with photography. It’s all I want to do from the moment I get up in the morning until I go to sleep.

in other words..... know what you are doing before you do it !! (similar to what my main point was earlier in the thread)

• Advertisement
Advertisement