Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand address?

Options
  • 12-08-2011 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

I don't understand how I'm to fill in my address in the form on the website so can anyone help me out here a bit:

It goes:

Street -
    House No -
    P.O. Box -
    Zip -
    City -
    Country - Ireland

So if your Irish address goes like:
    123, wrong street, wrongbridge,
    Notborough, Falserock,
    Co. Dublin,
    Ireland.

How are you supposed to fill it in there??

If anyone can help me out here as ye guys seem to have a lot of experience ordering stuff from this website...

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

I usually put my telephone code in the zip code's place have had stuff delivered and no problem dunno if anyone else had problems doing this but i didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Cheers but I can't fit my address in the boxes...

Like I can't fit everything in the "street" space. The House no. will only take very little space too. The rest is stuff like P.O. Box, Zip and all...

Which is sorta why I gave the example of the address and asked if you guys could help and know how you'ld fit the address in the boxes hwvs gives... If you get what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

I'd say throw the information in wherever it'll fit - if theres a major problem they'll get back to you, and all the German postal service will look at is "Ireland" really - An Post should be able to figure out where you are. My address is like this:

Housename
    EstateName
    Town
    Co. Cork
    Ireland

My dad once received a letter simply marked:

(His Name)
    Cork

I'd say you'll be alright :)

So if my address is like the example I gave above should I put:

Street: 123, wrong street
    House no: Wrongbridge
    P.O. Box: Falserock,
    Zip: 1
    City: Dublin

Its just a pretty pricey build and I wouldn't want it to get lost in posting due to me putting in the address in the wrong format and such...

Sorry for posting again. But I really am not able to fit my address in the boxes in the hwvs website.

It says street and house number together can't be longer than 30 characters.
    I can't fit my whole address in just the two boxes in under 30 characters as the rest of the boxes are zip code, city and p.o. box...

I need to get this right if I'm to order my PC from hwvs so if ye guys could help me out a bit... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

So if my address is like the example I gave above should I put:

Street: 123, wrong street
    House no: Wrongbridge
    P.O. Box: Falserock,
    Zip: 1
    City: Dublin

Street: Wrong Street.
    House No: 1234
    City: Falserock, Dublin
    Zip: ( whatever you area code is)

It's going to be delivered to by an post, so as long as you have your street name and city there (i.e. wrong street and Dublin) then it will get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Leave the P.O box field blank if you are putting in a housenumber and street address

I had major problems too trying to fit my address in, its a pain in the arse, I was trying to get it delivered to where I work so fitting the company name in somewhere in the mix added complications

It is a right pain to fit the address in there... I'm having to leave out some crucial parts off my address to make it fit.

Like if it was a 50quid order, I wouldn't be worried too much. But its a 850eur order and it'ld be absolutely horrible if it goes missing in the post... :(

It is a right pain to fit the address in there... I'm having to leave out some crucial parts off my address to make it fit.

Like if it was a 50quid order, I wouldn't be worried too much. But its a 850eur order and it'ld be absolutely horrible if it goes missing in the post... :(

Seriously, your street name and City are all you need. HWVS (like any foreign retailer) just ship it to Ireland, An Post take it from there. Even the major delivery companies such as UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc would be able to get it to you with just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey guys, just about to order from there -- just a quick Q about the address.

My address goes
    123 Fake Court,
    Fake St,
    Dublin 12

So how would i fill out
    Street
    No.
    ZIP code
    City

I don't have enough room to fit the street name and name of the court aswell in the street and no. section. Would "Fake Court" be enough? I'd worried they'd deliver to some house down the road that's on the street but not in the apartment complex. It'd be a good lot of cash so i don't wanna worry about not getting it!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey guys, just about to order from there -- just a quick Q about the address.

My address goes
    123 Fake Court,
    Fake St,
    Dublin 12

So how would i fill out
    Street
    No.
    ZIP code
    City

I don't have enough room to fit the street name and name of the court aswell in the street and no. section. Would "Fake Court" be enough? I'd worried they'd deliver to some house down the road that's on the street but not in the apartment complex. It'd be a good lot of cash so i don't wanna worry about not getting it!

It doesn't matter. Ignore what each box and just fill it in top to bottom as you would normally. All DHL look at is the last line, "IRELAND". If you fill it out with the street first then number then postal code then town, you're only going to make it more difficult for An Post (though it's highly unlikely to cause any difficulty)

Advertisement