Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Up to) 24Mb wholesale faster than Home

Options
  • 12-08-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Just an interesting thought I had. I was on Eircom wholesale for about three months via Vodafone and hit around 17Mb tops. Now I’m back with normal Eircom about a month I’m lucky to hit 12Mb.

The wiring etc has stayed the same; I even hooked up my Vodafone router to see if I could hit 17Mb again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Eircom Normal

1429295280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

When will people learn, Eircon is a joke of a company - The sad thing is the state (Mary Harney & Bertie) sold off Eircom wholesale which has really stifled this countries High Speed connection pursuit...

Go back to vodafone if you can

Eircom wholesale
    Fullscreen%252520capture%25252001062011%252520145025.bmp.jpg

Mike... wrote: »
    When will people learn, Eircon is a joke of a company - The sad thing is the state (Mary Harney & Bertie) sold off Eircom wholesale which has really stifled this countries High Speed connection pursuit...

Go back to vodafone if you can

I would NEVER EVER touch Vodafone again
    • · The bills where way over what the sales person told me
    • · They slapped a €20 “fine” cause I broke the download limit on their top package(which I still find hard to believe)
    • · Customer service was a joke
    IF I didn’t have to look in wireless cards etc and then the grey area of cordless handsets id be on UPC now. I went back to Eircom as that’s the way the house is wired and Eircom are consistence in what service they do supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jeffk wrote: »
    Just an interesting thought I had. I was on Eircom wholesale for about three months via Vodafone and hit around 17Mb tops. Now I’m back with normal Eircom about a month I’m lucky to hit 12Mb.

The wiring etc has stayed the same; I even hooked up my Vodafone router to see if I could hit 17Mb again.

Hi jeffk,

Your broadband signal was tested within the last week from the exchange. The results show a max bandwidth capacity of 12MB.

We will try and see if we can increase the sync, however if you start getting disconnections let me know and we will need to lowerer it.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi jeffk,

Your broadband signal was tested within the last week from the exchange. The results show a max bandwidth capacity of 12MB.

We will try and see if we can increase the sync, however if you start getting disconnections let me know and we will need to lowerer it.

Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark,

I hope it didn’t across as a rant or Eircom bashing, it was something that hit me and I said I’d bring it up out of curiosity.

I’m hitting 15Mb now :D, I’m guessing that’s as far as you can push it without causing problems? I’ll keep an eye on disconnections etc. and will be in touch if it happens

As always you on the ball!

Many thanks,
    Jeff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jeffk wrote: »
    Hello Mark,

I hope it didn’t across as a rant or Eircom bashing, it was something that hit me and I said I’d bring it up out of curiosity.

I’m hitting 15Mb now :D, I’m guessing that’s as far as you can push it without causing problems? I’ll keep an eye on disconnections etc. and will be in touch if it happens

As always you on the ball!

Many thanks,
    Jeff

No problem :)

Keep me posted.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement