Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bill pay

Options
  • 12-08-2011 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

im going into meteor tomoro to sign up for a bill phone, ive recently come out of a contact with 3 and im back on pay as you go with o2, im in full time employment and have a steady income, will they ask me for a cash deposit in the shop before i sign up? anyone?...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

There's no way of knowing. Having a steady income and full time employment is no guarantee of not being asked and being a career dole scrounger without two pennies to rub together is no guarantee of not being asked. They do have some kind of algorithm that decides based on the information given on the form (no external checks are made) but there is definitely a random element to who gets asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lmartin

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    They do have some kind of algorithm that decides based on the information given on the form (no external checks are made) but there is definitely a random element to who gets asked

Sorry to hijack this thread but I just picked up on this point in bold. I am moving over from the UK in September and am looking at which network to get a phone with. As I am going to be back and forth to the UK fairly regularly I think I've decided that Meteor are probably going to be my best bet as their free roaming deal is pretty good!

However, in the UK I have two 'Pay Monthly' phones (your equivalent of Bill Pay). One with O2 and the other with Vodafone. I have two to separate business and personal use. Anyway, in order to get these you have to have a regular income and they conduct a credit check.

Now, I had resigned myself to the fact I was going to have to sign up to Pay As You Go in Ireland as I will, when I move over, have zero credit history in Ireland. However, as I am effectively bringing my job with me so will be full-time employed with a regular income, is that good enough are you saying, in most cases?

Liam

Advertisement