Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing back to ESB.Direct Debit query.

Options
  • 12-08-2011 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

HI, thinking of changing back to ESB.I am currently with Bord Gais but with their hike in prices am thinking of moving back.I want to sign up for the d debit but if I pay something off my bill every week by 24 hour banking and have a small direct debit bill is this ok? Will I still get the discount?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi sexymama,

In order to receive the current discount we are offering for direct debit, the entire bill must be paid by direct debit.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

thanks Mark.
    If I just go paperless will I recieve any discount for that or just the standard rate? I don't really like direct debits and thought I could pay some of it off before due date. Pity:(

Also Mark,what is the standard tarrif with Esb anyway? Must be cheaper than 17.92 cents?
    Thanks

Hi sexymama,

The tariff would depend on the type of meter. If you have a 24 hour meter, the standard tariff at present is 14.10 cents per unit (Ex VAT). With a NightSaver meter, the day rate is be 15.06 (Ex VAT) and the night is 7.45 (Ex VAT).

With our Supersaver price plan, we offer 8% off these rates, a further 4% off for direct debit and 2% for online billing, with extra discounts if you switch gas also. We are guaranteeing these discounts on our standard prices until March 31st 2012, however unit prices are subject to change.

Further information on specific prices can be viewed here:

https://www.esbelectricireland.ie/switchchange/allPricePlansIE.htm

Any further questions, please ask :)

Thanks,
    Mark

Thanks Mark.
    So if I dont go DD but go paperless I can get the 8% plus the 2% for paperless. I am on the normal 24 hr

sexymama

Hi sexymama,

In order to receive discounts associated with our Supersaver plan, direct debit would be mandatory. We are not currently offering discounts on our standard prices for customers switching back without direct debit.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark.
    Might give them a ring today,it would be cheaper to move even on the standard plan

Thanks again!

Hi sexymama,

No problem at all, happy to help :)

If you have any further questions please ask.

Thanks,
    Mark

Advertisement