Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Leaving Cert Points Calculator App

• 12-08-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Last year when I was awaiting my leaving cert results I developed a leaving cert points calculator for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad.

It helped me a lot on results day to get calculate my points so I'm posting here in hope that it might help some people this year.

Its a free download here.

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I have it, most simple app and 100% efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I don't have an iPhone,but good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I don't have an iPhone,but good idea.

Strangely neither do I! But I did until it broke around september!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭bren2001

I wish there was an app in my day. I have awful memories of my friends..."yay X number of points, look!" "ehhhhhh you might want to reduce that number by twenty...".

Download the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

is there a version of that for an android? :)

• Advertisement

niamhallen wrote: »
    is there a version of that for an android? :)

I haven't developed an android version but there is one here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

I can't seem to get it on my phone but thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Is there any Blackberry app? :P Long shot but sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

any chance theres a leaving cert points calculator app for a samsung touch phone? hardly? ha but it would be a great help if there was? ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you can't get this app (which is a good idea, well done OP) then just print out the page with the points and bring a calculator - my school gave out the pages with the points in the envelopes but that might not be standard - you think you know what points correspond to what, but you'd be surprised how all over the place you can be while opening the envelope - definitely bring a calculator! You don't want to accidentally overcalculate your points.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Is there any Blackberry app? :P Long shot but sure :pac:
    begsy wrote: »
    any chance theres a leaving cert points calculator app for a samsung touch phone? hardly? ha but it would be a great help if there was? ha :)

I couldnt find one for the blackberry and I'm not familiar with that samsung phone (If it isnt android I think you're out of luck!).

Alternatively for any platform you could just use something like this: http://theleavingcert.com/points-calculator/

Not ideal as it requires an internet connection and isnt mobile optimised but its better than nothing.

If I get a chance I might throw together a mobile web app that would work when offline on any phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

If you can't get this app (which is a good idea, well done OP) then just print out the page with the points and bring a calculator - my school gave out the pages with the points in the envelopes but that might not be standard - you think you know what points correspond to what, but you'd be surprised how all over the place you can be while opening the envelope - definitely bring a calculator! You don't want to accidentally overcalculate your points.

Or under!

If I get a chance I might throw together a mobile web app that would work when offline on any phone.[/QUOTE]

Would it work on any phone at all?? that would be fairly handy..

begsy wrote: »
    If I get a chance I might throw together a mobile web app that would work when offline on any phone.

Would it work on any phone at all?? that would be fairly handy..[/QUOTE]

It would work on any phone with a web browser.

jreanor wrote: »
    Would it work on any phone at all?? that would be fairly handy..

It would work on any phone with a web browser.[/QUOTE]

Deadly that would be fairly handy.. U good with the old technical stuff so then ya??

Deadly that would be fairly handy.. U good with the old technical stuff so then ya??
    I suppose you could say that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Or under!

I'd rather undercalculate my points and be pleasantly surprised later than overcalculate and be devastated when I calculate correctly!

But ideally there'd be no mistakes, so if you bring a calculator you should be fine!

Advertisement