Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin - EARLY!!!

• 12-08-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

Saturday spin leaving from Woodies DIY near the estuary in Malahide/Swords at 7:15am tomorrow. Myself and Kennyb3 plan on doing approx 3 hours worth of riding at 30kph average (depending on the conditions).

I'll be leaving from Lusk (Raheny roundabout on the ring road) at 6:45am should anyone wish to join.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Where's the tea stop?
    :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Would do, but don't want to mess your hair up, so I'll be doing a 10m TT through Batterstown instead ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RT66 wrote: »
    Where's the tea stop?
    :)

At your gaff when you get home!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Beasty wrote: »
    Would do, but don't want to mess your hair up, so I'll be doing a 10m TT through Batterstown instead ....

See you out there

It's a bit early (and the pace sounds a touch quick), but if I can convince myself not to drink beer this evening I might drag myself out of the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

It's a bit early (and the pace sounds a touch quick), but if I can convince myself not to drink beer this evening I might drag myself out of the bed.
    Sure pop down and sit on our wheels for as long as you can. I ve no problem driving it along for the duration as i'd be doing that anyway on my own.

@ lusk - im in no rush home so am up for 100+, so bring gels etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Don't worry, there's no way he can keep 30kph for 3 hours.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Redmond101 wrote: »
    See you out there
    You in the vets?

(don't want any interlopers;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

New title for this tread: "Saturday Spin - TOO early!!". :) enjoy!

Raam wrote: »
    Don't worry, there's no way he can keep 30kph for 3 hours.

That's it. You are out of the family. As fat tony says "You are dead to me. You are not even a friend."

Also, it's kennyb3 that will be doing the pace, not me!

Kennyb3, you are doing the pace setting btw!

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    @ lusk - im in no rush home so am up for 100+, so bring gels etc

I enjoy spending time with my wife so not sure about a big one man :rolleyes:

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Kennyb3, you are doing the pace setting btw!

Thanks, cant wait :rolleyes:
    I enjoy spending time with my wife

Someone pass me the sick bag. Nah thats cool, mine is working so i ve an all day pass

I enjoy spending time with my wife so not sure about a big one man :rolleyes:
    It's OK - his wife say's he's got a little one ....:D

It's OK - his wife say's he's got a little one ....:D

Funny - yours said the same thing to me about you - BOOOOOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Redmond101 wrote: »
    See you out there
    You in the vets?

(don't want any interlopers;))

I'm sorry to say but I'm a triathlete ;-) I know were not too popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Raheny Roundabout 6.45 am.
    That means leave the house 6.25 ish
    which means outta bed about 5.50 ish.
    hhhhmmmmmmmmm.......

bcmf wrote: »

Dont worry he means rush roundabout im sure on the lusk road

Dont worry he means rush roundabout im sure on the lusk road

yeah i know the one he is on about. There is an a raheny in NCD as well as a Corduff.

Hopefully the wind dies down a little for the morning, did 30k easy there and it was a real grind down to clontarf but sailed home.

What's the intended route?

What I am really asking here is how many climbs do you intend to include.

• Advertisement

What's the intended route?

What I am really asking here is how many climbs do you intend to include.

Just the 7 climbs! Not sure tbh. Route tbc tomorrow at woodies. Maybe out to howth or maybe out to the good auld ncd.

^^^ hasnt been discussed but it will prob cover the climb up by hollywood lakes and snowtown or alternatively the one up from loughshinny and the nags head. I ll prob finish with a lap of howth then myself if others are finishing early. It wont be too hectic and full of climbing.

That means leave the house 6.25 ish
    which means outta bed about 5.50 ish.
    hhhhmmmmmmmmm.......

You could drive to Lusk..

^^^ hasnt been discussed but it will prob cover the climb up by hollywood lakes and snowtown or alternatively the one up from loughshinny and the nags head. I ll prob finish with a lap of howth then myself if others are finishing early. It wont be too hectic and full of climbing.

I like the sound of that. Can we include the climb up to bellewstown after snowtown?

Just the 7 climbs! Not sure tbh. Route tbc tomorrow at woodies. Maybe out to howth or maybe out to the good auld ncd.
    The last long spin i did (bout 3 weeks now) was 107km and looked something like down to sutton along the track, back through kinsealy, out the back of swords and around balheary, into ballyboughal, over to lusk, skerries, balbriggan and home. That should give you roughly 80 odd and myself 100 odd. But we can chat about it in the morning. I did that at 32.3kmph but we can tone it down if others turn up. The wind will slow us anyway based on tonight

Just the 7 climbs! Not sure tbh.
    thats 8 climbs too many for me.
    Will see if
    a) if I wake up early enough.
    b) if my shoes are dry after getting soaked today
    c) If i drink all of that wine tonite
    d) see a)

I like the sound of that. Can we include the climb up to bellewstown after snowtown?
    If you want yeah but we ll see how its going. Might be an idea to come through stamullen then back rather than over snowtown from the other side (the hard side) and then be faced with the climb out of the naul too esp if others want to come.

sure we ll take it as it comes.

i am pretty sure i have a 100km mapped in my head somewhere. Say from colmcilles back roads to halfway up Nags head -> 5 roads -> Lusk. Back roads from Lusk -> Skerries OR Lshinnny.Skerrie Coast Rd -> Blackhills -> MoW -> Bog -Bog Berg etc

Cool sure we ll see who arrives. Off to watch the golf and have a relaxing beer or two. See ya's tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Why not join in with the 08:30 spin froms Blakes cross for part of it, esp Kennyb if you fancy getting a big ride in...

@bcmf you doing the sat am spin (started my winter training program this week :eek:)

@Rob Fowl
    yeah will prob join the pain at 8.30 as I really dont see myself arising the early side of 6am

RobFowl wrote: »
    Why not join in with the 08:30 spin froms Blakes cross for part of it, esp Kennyb if you fancy getting a big ride in...

Cheers RF, often do an hour before (or after) and join in. But some weeks just like to stick the nose out in the wind a bit more as i find i do too much freewheeling getting a tow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Cheers RF, often do an hour before (or after) and join in. But some weeks just like to stick the nose out in the wind a bit more as i find i do too much freewheeling getting a tow

You're hanging round with that shaungil fella far too much.....
    All this flat out, feel the pain, suffer in the gutter stuff going to your head ;)

RobFowl wrote: »
    You're hanging round with that shaungil fella far too much.....
    All this flat out, feel the pain, suffer in the gutter stuff going to your head ;)
    I do like to suffer!!

Good to see yourself and bcmf again this morning for a decent chat.

Good to meet RT66 too (and lusk doyle as usual) . Things didnt work out great unfortunately.

114km @ 31.5kph for me

kennyb3 wrote:
    Things didnt work out great unfortunately

Indeed. Creamed myself in Malahide with some help from kennyb3 and his handlebars! Neck, hand and hip in bits!

• Advertisement

Indeed. Creamed myself in Malahide with some help from kennyb3 and his handlebars! Neck, hand and hip in bits!
    What about your bike and kennyb3's handlebars?

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Lusk Doyle - hopefully you'll be ready for some proper suffering on Wednesday?

Good spin with fast group. Big group. kennyb3 trying a bit of cyclo cross/ ditch jumping somewhere round Oldtown. Very surprised you didnt have a tumble..Lusk Doyle hope you are ok.

Ta lads. Bike appears ok. Handlebar tape got the worst of it. Could have sworn I heard something along the lines of "Take that!" as the other fella came down on top of my bike ;)

Could have sworn I heard something along the lines of "Take that!" as the other fella came down on top of my bike ;)

Classic! Now go drink some beer and ease your pain - what a great excuse.

Classic! Now go drink some beer and ease your pain - what a great excuse.

Waaaaaaay ahead of you. Now for the rugger!

• Advertisement

Waaaaaaay ahead of you. Now for the rugger!

Hopefully you're feeling better today and don't have a headache to add to the list of injuries..

Advertisement