Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery from the UK

Options
  • 12-08-2011 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi. I ordered an expensive engagement ring from the UK that was posted on Monday and it still hasn't arrived in Ireland. I have a Royal Mail tracking number but their website only says "your item is currently processing through our system" and I am led to believe that this is a standard phrase and will not change until its physically delivered.

I rang An Post the first time they advised our regular post man was on leave, and we have had no post for a week now. Which leads me to believe the temp cant find us (weird ground floor apartment). But still thats no excuse for non delivery or worse delivery somewhere else just to get it out his bag. Anyway it mightn't be his fault, that may be a coincidence. Anyway the manager in our local office said hed have a word with your man and put a weeks check on the post to confirm post is going out. But at the end of the day they can check in office all they like, if this eejit is delivering elsewhere then how will they know?

So I rang An Post in Laois (the sorting office for all incoming mail) and they were very helpful, they took my Royal Mail tracking number and advised that all tracking numbers are taken and converted to an An Post number, he advised me certainly that the package had not yet arrived in the country. So this put my mind at ease re: the post man.

But he also advised that some other delivery services take some post. The seller sent an email saying he sent it 'standard' post via royal mail which I am led to believe mean's An Post will take it over this side. If im correct other couriers only take it if its a parcel. Would a ring box sized package be considered a parcel? If so is it GLS that deliver?

And above all Im really panicking now what with the temporary post man and non delivery. I know it has only been 4 working days since they posted it Monday, but anyone with any clues on delivery date? or any help because I'm going out of my mind with it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

i know it a bit late now , but if that expensive you should have went on a ryanair penny flight.
    hope it arrive tho, but i cant realy help ,
    but just keep checking give it till next friday and then just keep calling both the post offices , an post and royal mail and the ring place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All you can do is wait for it to turn up. No one, bar Royal Mail, can tell you where it is.

I would suspect that it hasn't even been sent yet, given that status on the tracking number. It basically means that RM have issued the tracking number, but it hasn't been scanned by any post office yet.

Also, what business worth their salt would send an expensive (presumably diamond) ring by post, especially when the postal insurance will only cover them for something like £35. A courier would be the minimum for such a thing.

If this was a private sale, I'd put money on it being a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

any luck ?

Advertisement