Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new arrivals

Options
  • 12-08-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I see we have new arrivals on the scrub ground adjacent to Jackie Skellys. All UK reg vans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Oh no - does that mean what I think it means... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

afraid so

caravan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Where are they, just at the roundabout where the guy sells the strawberries?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Plastik wrote: »
    Where are they, just at the roundabout where the guy sells the strawberries?

No. They are now on the new road which was built for the proposed industrial estate. 3 garda cars paid them a visit a half hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 INUTERO

Was afraid that would happen,was walking by there yesterday and noticed that the gates had no locks on them and the concrete pillars they left to block the entrance could be moved very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

They were at the wasteland next to Jackie Skellys yesterday. English regs. They'll move on. Leave a mess,but move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    No. They are now on the new road which was built for the proposed industrial estate. 3 garda cars paid them a visit a half hour ago.

Was wondering why there was so much Garda attention up there this afternoon. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Just saw another two caravans arriving,they mounted the cyclepath and got in that way,the gate on the left is open,it looks like they did not have much success earlier,you could fit hundreds of caravans in there so I hope they get a handle on this soon.

Have just spoken to the Gards they have contacted the management company of the site to secure the site again and they hope to get them moved on tomorrow,as he said himself the problem is moving them on and they are waiting for the Inspector to make a call on what to do.Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kayman78

Not there this morning. Must have moved on over night.

• Advertisement

Did you walk down and look?They cant be seen from the road,its the IDA site were they put the new roads recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

They can be seen parked up on the new road from the golf course carpark.
    Gardai should be able to move them on soon as they are on privately owned land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 34838098a

Hi All,

We have some new neighbours in the area where new development started couple of months ago. The gates were broken yesterday and at least 5 caravans and 3 Vans moved in.

They are on the left side driving from town towards The Fairways Charlesland, kind of hidden beside the hill.

Can anyone who is also concerned about this please contact Property Management and Garda!!!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

It's covered on the ''new arrivals'' thread. The Garda are well aware of them and are in a position where they have to act within the law. Dont keep ringing them,they have work to do.
    People like this are allowed to break the law as we know with no consequence. The English regs would suggest that our tolerant neighbours will be treated to them shortly and we can bid them good riddance.

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

UK regs you say? On holidays perhaps or visiting relatives nearby? WHat ever happened to Blackie anyway?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

astrofluff wrote: »
    UK regs you say? On holidays perhaps or visiting relatives nearby? What ever happened to Blackie anyway?

Several of the vans stopping at Chalesland are Northern Registered. Two I saw had YLZ registrations, a Black Ford transit and a White VW. These vans and their occupants did a blitz near where I live offering Power washing on driveways etc yesterday afternoon. There must have been a dozen men doing house calls. Please don't encourage these fly-by-nights.
    I was in Charlesland Shopping centre yesterday and noticed up to 8 urchins hanging around, not Charlesland residents but visitors from the illegal "halting site". We must all be vigilant and have these unwelcome visitors moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 grouser

Five vans & caravans pulled out of industrial park at 17.30 today (Sunday) heading south - leaving about another 5 at the bottom of the estate. People of Wexford - lock up your daughters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kayman78

Ah I see. I didn't actually walk down the road on Saturday morning so that explains why I didn't see them. I just saw that the gates were closed with a wire wrapped around them. The concrete barriers are still there - obviously not very effective if they can just drive up on the footpath I assume to get in and out.

I seen a truck with a heavy lifter on it rearranging the concrete barriers.

• Advertisement

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I seen a truck with a heavy lifter on it rearranging the concrete barriers.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=75

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Just drove by around 20mins ago and saw three vans with caravans trying to get onto the new section of road. Called Greystones Garda Station and was told they could do nothing as the IDA had given them permission to enter their land. :mad:What are the IDA playing at?

This is what we need:

gate_system_design_aga_600.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Imagine the chaos if the gate controls got zapped by lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

34838098a wrote: »
    This is what we need

why?

also, gating an estate of 1000+ houses? not much point really, they'd be open more often than they'd be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

FACC kit should do it http://www.nal.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

IDA came in for criticism over recent years for hogging the site and not coming up with any industrial development/ jobs.
    Maybe now they have a handy excuse for inactivity?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Between 10 & 15 vans and caravans there now. What are the IDA playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I might be missing something but has there been a sudden spike in crime? More litter around than usual? Threatening behaviour?

I know it's hard but really, in the same way the single mothers did NOT cause the riots in England, we shouldn't tar all travelling people with the same brush and assume problems before they arise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Folks, it is so simple to get our visitors to leave, I have seen it done before (most recently in the car park owned by the Byrnes behind the pet shop in Greystones)

You simply lock/block them in during the night/early morning when they are all parked.

You then hang about till Tom the traveller appears and says "hey boss, you've blocked my vans in, you must let me out". You, council/cops/whoever says "well certainly, but this is a one way ticket. You're coming out to stay out so hook up your caravans or else you're all staying where you are".

So darn simple. Can't understand why it hasn't been done by the council. All they need is a digger and some more boulders plus a decent police presence.

Advertisement