Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Live 5

• 12-08-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

Setanta Ireland have this for sunday night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

shezer wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland have this for sunday night
    Yes, EXCELLENT. It's listed for Monday 15 at 2.00 am on their site, also repeated on Wed at 1.15am.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

According to the listing it's repeated on Mon at 10pm, sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

damn setenta! do you still get it free with eircom? FO tweeted that the "uk" fans can see it for free on ufc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

Excellent, looking forward to it, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Dyaso wrote: »
    damn setenta! do you still get it free with eircom? FO tweeted that the "uk" fans can see it for free on ufc.com

Yeah you still get it free if you have eircom as your internet provider. I think its on ufc live and facebook have 8 prelims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It is my understanding that the ufc.tv stream will be free here too. Premier Sports will also be showing the event on tv in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

How come its not on ESPN?
    Are Setanta gonna be takin over the contract with UFC or is it just a once off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dean09 wrote: »
    How come its not on ESPN?
    Are Setanta gonna be takin over the contract with UFC or is it just a once off?

ESPN have to negotiate the UFC to show those cards because they weren't included in the deal because it was done months before the Versus / UFC deal was signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

unknown13 wrote: »
    ESPN have to negotiate the UFC to show those cards because they weren't included in the deal because it was done months before the Versus / UFC deal was signed.

Ah I see. Cheers for that.
    I just hope Sky don't end up getting a contract with the UFC once ESPN's contract is up. I hate sky and its way too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

lets hope setanta gets it, it used to always be on there, and works out cheaper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Checked the online guide for Setanta Ireland. It is on Monday 2am but it is called Extremesp. When you click into that, it says UFC Live 5. Its on for 2 and a half hours. fecking daycent! Gonna hold out and watch this monday night at 10pm with a few beers.

lets hope setanta gets it, it used to always be on there, and works out cheaper :)

I doubt they ever will after the last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I doubt they ever will after the last time

well they do have TUF and are showing more MMA now than ever before so wouldn't be any surprize if they do go for it

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We interviewed the Setanta Ops Manager on the latest Left Hook MMA podcast... ahem ... </justsayin>.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Not really anymore. Because ESPN comes free as part of the Sky Sports package now anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Some good fights on the card. Looking forward to seeing Charles Olivera fight again. Be interesting to see if Hardy gets the win. I seriously don't think he has as much of an advantage in the stand up as some have been saying. Chris keeps getting better.

Lytle is being SERIOUSLY under rated here! I fancy Lytle to beat Hardy in fact.

Olivera v Cowboy is gonna be mental! And Miller v Henderson? this is a super card! Some of the pre-lims have quality written all over them! Benevidez v Weinland will be good as will Miller v O'Brien!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

sheehy83 wrote: »
    it says UFC Live 5. Its on for 2 and a half hours. fecking daycent!

About 60min of that will be awful adverts every few minutes, between rounds etc.... never stay up for the free events, just too many adverts.

Brilliant card though, I expect it to be better than most of the numbered cards of the last 12 months.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lytle is being SERIOUSLY under rated here! I fancy Lytle to beat Hardy in fact.

not by the bookies, he is fav 10/11 against evs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some very nice looking fights on the card. Looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

shezer wrote: »
    Yeah you still get it free if you have eircom as your internet provider.

Eh? My broadband is with eircom and I don't get Setanta Ireland?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Eh? My broadband is with eircom and I don't get Setanta Ireland?

When I had Eircom Broadband I could watch Setanta on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So Dan Hardy failed to make weigh on his first attempt, still came in 1.5lbs over, guess he really is learning well from his mate Big Roy!!

If he loses tmoroow night any1 reckon he'll be cut? 4 losses on the bounce and all?

I reckon he'll stay as he's VERY marketable (to the.....young teen generation??) and they'll prob just use him on UK cards, ya know how them Brits love there own losers :pac::pac:

scudzilla wrote: »
    So Dan Hardy failed to make weigh on his first attempt, still came in 1.5lbs over, guess he really is learning well from his mate Big Roy!!

If he loses tmoroow night any1 reckon he'll be cut? 4 losses on the bounce and all?

I reckon he'll stay as he's VERY marketable (to the.....young teen generation??) and they'll prob just use him on UK cards, ya know how them Brits love there own losers :pac::pac:

Nah, all indications are he's gone if he loses. He's a marketable fighter but I dont think they can put up with a 4 fight skid.

(Also, apparently Roy has been shedding the weight. Here's a pic of him and Cole from today and it looks that way anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

When I had Eircom Broadband I could watch Setanta on their website.

Ah right, website only. Sure I might as well watch it on the UFC site then. I thought it was free on the TV if you were with Eircom.

(Also, apparently Roy has been shedding the weight. Here's a pic of him and Cole from today and it looks that way anyway)

Jaysus, Roy is looking like a white Kimbo Slice in that pic (speaking of which, ye see Kimbo's debut boxing match? He won by KO in 10 seconds.)

Chris Lytle has announced his retirement and tonight will be his last fight :( I like Chris, it's kinda disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Dreamboat

Anyone know if the ufc live 5 broadcast will be freeview on setanta? In the UK, Premier Sports are showing it, they're pay per view only but for this event it's free to watch. Just wondering as I'd rather watch it on the TV over the laptop anyday and I don't subscribe to Setanta.

Anyone know if the ufc live 5 broadcast will be freeview on setanta? In the UK, Premier Sports are showing it, they're pay per view only but for this event it's free to watch. Just wondering as I'd rather watch it on the TV over the laptop anyday and I don't subscribe to Setanta.

Premier Sports is a subscription channel in the UK just like Setanta is over here. You might be getting confused with Primetime.

It will be shown free on ufc.tv if you cannot see it on the television.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Premier Sports is a subscription channel in the UK just like Setanta is over here. You might be getting confused with Primetime.

It will be shown free on ufc.tv if you cannot see it on the television.

No in the UK they can watch it on Premier Sports for free, it doesn't say whether you can watch it for free on setanta in Ireland though, below is from ufc.tv;

Q) I’m in the UK and a Sky customer, where can I see the event?
    A) If you are a Sky customer you can watch the fight live at 2am Sunday night/Monday morning on Premier Sports, channel 433. It is FREE, you do NOT have to subscribe. Simply tune in at 2am Sunday night/Monday morning and you’ll see entire show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

scudzilla wrote: »

I'd say he's doing well to even still be there to be honest. They let Andre Winner go without thinking twice about it and I'm sure he's good for the UK market.

To be honest I'd kind of like to see Hardy lose tonight even though I'm a fan of him. It would be awesome to see Lytle go out on a win and BAMMA would be doing well to get Hardy on their ever-growing roster. He'd probably end up fighting Nate Marquart.

No in the UK they can watch it on Premier Sports for free, it doesn't say whether you can watch it for free on setanta in Ireland though, below is from ufc.tv;

They can watch for free in the UK because Premier Sports are having a Freeview for the event. It is still a monthly subscription channel if you want to watch anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

We interviewed Dwyer Mccaughly of Setanta sports for our podcast, who spoke about this , listen here .......

http://thelefthookmma.podomatic.com/entry/2011-08-13T03_55_04-07_00

We interviewed Dwyer Mccaughly of Setanta sports for our podcast, who spoke about this , listen here .......

http://thelefthookmma.podomatic.com/entry/2011-08-13T03_55_04-07_00

So it's not free? Probably not, he says it's free in the UK on Premier Sports but no such confirmation on Setanta which is subscription on Sky. At least we can watch it on UFC website if unavailable on TV for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Dan Hardy's downfall was the title shot. The most undeserved title shot in UFC history have made the casual fan believe he is much better than he is. He edged Marcus Davis and an ill Mike Swick and he got a title shot. He's a good fighter but was just cadapulted to main event status way too quick. After hearing Lytle is going to retire I reckon he'll go out with a bang and look to trade with Dan tonight. A great fighter, put on a great show when he fought here. Will be missed.

• Advertisement

The ref in the first fight keeps saying: "Don't grab the cage with your toes". Is that a new rule or just an eccentric ref?

Yeah, not heard that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    The ref in the first fight keeps saying: "Don't grab the cage with your toes". Is that a new rule or just an eccentric ref?

yeah, it's still grabbing the fence. and it looks like their toe will get pulled off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

15 minutes worth of Darce attempts. Can't believe one of them wasn't finished

"Don't you do it Mario!" haha gotta love Joe

• Advertisement

Great music TJ!

Yaaa! great fight! fair play Hettes!

Hettis is a funny character. It's like this guy got a Saturday job as a fighter.
    SimpsonsSqueky150-146x150.gif

Whats the UFC drinking game Joe was on about?

My God there is some great walk out music tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Whats the UFC drinking game Joe was on about?

anytime you hear Rogan by himself during the walk-outs, Goldberg is gone to take a piss. So Joe turned it into a drinking game where you take a shot anytime it happens.

Whats the UFC drinking game Joe was on about?!

Edit: Just seen it was posted already.

Goldberg goes on a funny rant about it around 13:45 in this video.

HAHA wouldn't mind playing along but my boss might frown upon it!

Ah I hope we get a bit of a slugfest in one of the fights tonight to mix it up a bit. There've been some amount of unsuccessful submission attempts already in the prelims.

Haha Goldie had a few drinks in him there. I never watched any of Joe's podcasts, i'll have to rectify that!

Ya, really thought Markes would have subbed this guy by now

• Advertisement
Advertisement