Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Live 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Shawn Tompkins, so young and a massively talented Mixed Martial Arts coach. Sad moment for MMA, he will no doubt be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Was he sick? Does anyone know what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Do you need to be registered on UFC's site to watch it?

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Do you need to be registered on UFC's site to watch it?

Apparently so! I just had to register

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Like, seriously, this shít being on Setanta is so tilting. Who the fúck still subscribes to this crap?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Was he sick? Does anyone know what happened?

According to Junkie's recent article: "He didn't wake up".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found a way to get around the proxy. Had to register to ufc.tv but now on the live stream!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks man but no downloads i'm afraid. Ah, I'll get to watch it Monday night anyway on Setanta, glad I got to see the prelims, some great fights.

http://www.facebook.com/MMAMayhem

This lad added me on facebook out the blue about two years ago. Has perfect quality videos up about 10 minutes after any fight is over. Great for other stuff like The Voice Vs and Inside MMA as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

the quality on ufc tv isnt great. in fact its pretty sh!t

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

callaway92 wrote: »
    Like, seriously, this shít being on Setanta is so tilting. Who the fúck still subscribes to this crap?
    Eh.. I do, it comes with UPC... I'm watching it now... I don't understand people's issue with that. It's not ppv...

Also, please don't request streams or link streams, thanks.

DeV.

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    the quality on ufc tv isnt great. in fact its pretty sh!t

You're internet must be pretty damn slow so. I'd say the picture on my stream is around 480p and my internet isn't great atm. Good quality picture though

DeVore wrote: »

Have the rules changed?

Eh.. I do, it comes with UPC... I'm watching it now... I don't understand people's issue with that. It's not ppv...

DeV.

Yeah well I have Sky, so therefore have to pay extra for it, obviously. Not easy when there's movies and sports already being paid for. . . .

You're internet must be pretty damn slow so. I'd say the picture on my stream is around 480p and my internet isn't great atm. Good quality picture though

mine is as fuzzy as fcuk to be honest. twill do the job though

Yeah well I have Sky, so therefore have to pay extra for it, obviously. Not easy when there's movies and sports already being paid for. . . .

And the fact I subscribe to ESPN for UFC coverage. I don't have Setanta either.

Also, can't people ask for streams anymore? There's always streams flying all over the place on the forum.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Have the rules changed?
    No... We try to avoid blatantly becoming a stream link site. Some slip through but how many bit torrent links have you ever seen on boards?

DeV.

sonic85 wrote: »
    mine is as fuzzy as fcuk to be honest. twill do the job though

Yeah mine is a bit pixelated alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Also, can't people ask for streams anymore? There's always streams flying all over the place on the forum.

+1 we always are allowed to ask for links

Will you cover my legal fees?? :)

DeV

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    +1 we always are allowed to ask for links
    So you'll cover the, too?

DeV.

come on amir. looking forward to this hopefully its a good war

The bizzare thing is that this is the one card that's being streamed for free in Ireland on UFC's site completely legitimately and legally for all to watch and now we get a warning about linking streams.

Will you cover my legal fees?? :)

DeV

For some reason I don't think Dana will be coming hunting for people tonight, considering they want this card to be free for people to watch.

But I understand what you mean.

DeV.
    Ps, the legal bill for the MMA forum *alone* stands at over 10,000 real euros. Really spent on real lawyers.

No joke.

DeV.

The bizzare thing is that this is the one card that's being streamed for free in Ireland on UFC's site completely legitimately and legally for all to watch and now we get a warning about linking streams.
    Only illegal links. Link anything LEGAL all you like.

DeV.

• Advertisement

I want Ludwig to win this.

DeV.

:D

Just seems a bit odd, every UFC thread has people asking for links and others providing them. I believe the TV forum allows streams but no links to download the shows.(May have got that confused with this forum). Maybe it's flown under the radar for the past 3/4 years.

On the stream btw, on UFC.tv click best avbl. So your stream changes but still can be great quality stream.

Ps, the legal bill for the MMA forum *alone* stands at over 10,000 real euros. Really spent on real lawyers.

No joke.

DeV.

High five everyone! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, my ufc.tv streaming is absolutely perfect! better quality then when I download it!

No joke.

DeV.

Yes, but these are for........... OTHER things ;)

Not illegal links. correct me if i'm wrong?

• Advertisement

Since we don't have a feedback thread here, I might aswell say it here now.

Dev, The stream issue has been a vaguely enforced rule here, if you don't want us to request streams then will you have it put in the Charter because some days, the mods will ask posters not to request streams but sometimes it goes unnoticed.

No joke.

DeV.

IMA rearrange some letters to understand what you're talking about :D

That's a hilarious figure though, I know it's not a funny topic but wouldn't think people would care so much.

Great walkout by Duane. I side with guys I follow on twitter but love Amir's stand up.

Let's get back to the fighting... Great mt skills so far.

DeV.

.tv stream isn't offering the red/blue corner mics or different camera angles tonight. boo-urns

Ah I pressed some flury button there and it seriously ****ed things up.

Forget Vemola, Ludwig should come out to the theme from The Terminator. What a scary scary dude!

Sadalloh getting taken to school here. No combos versus strikes strung together....

Anyone want to bet it will go the ground next round?

DeV.

amir needs to get this to the ground ASAP. hes getting destroyed on the feet

SDTimeout wrote: »
    .tv stream isn't offering the red/blue corner mics or different camera angles tonight. boo-urns

:eek: I didn't know they ever did that. How fancy.

I bet they even cut their sandwiches in triangles instead of rectangles.

:eek: I didn't know they ever did that. How fancy.

I bet they even cut their sandwiches in triangles instead of rectangles.

Not a hope. Octagon shaped sambos FTW!

• Advertisement

Amir looking slow and sluggish!

Nothing in the takedown for either of these. It seems like going for it is more of a sign of fatigue than anything else. This fight wouldn't be out of place in K-1. Pretty nice piece of matchmaking.

This is weird, I wonder if Ludwig even knows about Thompkins. He's doing him proud anyway.

Let's hope the judges aren't muppets....

DeV.

I really like Amir, but I kinda feel sorry for him. He hasnt had the chance to get experience agains lower level guys. He's a guy with 5 pro wins and he's in with Duane Ludwig.

He was outclassed. Great show from Bang!

Is anyone else who're watching Setanta suddenly feeling the overwhelming need to insure a van??? :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Time for the Cowboy to saddle up!

THis fight is gonna be so much fun! COME ON COWBOY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Is anyone else who're watching Setanta suddenly feeling the overwhelming need to insure a van??? :)

DeV.

Not the first time, but after the second, third and fourth advert I'm convinced I need some insurance for my non-existant van.. :p

• Advertisement

Fair play to Olivera for fighting tonight. He must be wrecked after playing for United today

nani_1869484.jpg

Advertisement