Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Live 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hmmm....... I dunno about that stoppage. Those punches were on the arms and Yamasaki was yelling for Olivera to do something but what did he want? for Olivera to take his arms away from his face?

Disappointing!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Not the first time, but after the second, third and fourth advert I'm convinced I need some insurance for my non-existant van.. :p
    I don't even drive and I'm thinking of buying a Van just to insure it.....O.o

DeV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great win by Cowboy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

It's defending but not active defending. They might not have landed behind the arms but he wasn't doing anything to get out of the situation where they would be hitting his arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

good win there for cerrone

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When he rolled over I think it was obviously over... Olivera should have thrown an up-kick or two, just to threaten.

DeV.

MMAjunkieJohn John Morgan
    I'm no lip-reader, but I think "Cowboy" said, "Nice fight, Charles" on that particular replay.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Well there goes the bet, could be time for bed.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    It's defending but not active defending. They might not have landed behind the arms but he wasn't doing anything to get out of the situation where they would be hitting his arms.

Yeah but he was standing over him. What could he have done? there's not much!
    DeVore wrote: »
    When he rolled over I think it was obviously over... Olivera should have thrown an up-kick or two, just to threaten.

DeV.

I thought his rolling over was in reaction to Yamasaki shouting at him. He was far from out of the fight IMO.

What about an up kick? You can't just let a guy stand over you and tee-off... Either push him away with legs or at least threaten an up kick, more than one fight ended by one!

DeV.

• Advertisement

the body shot was lovely. pity fighters dont try to go to the body more often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

It was a bit of a strange one alright. The pace was so fast that it looked like Oliveira had nowhere to go but he wasn't hurt either.

Cerrone is fairly underrated really. I think he's done a good job in showing everyone that the WEC lightweights aren't a lower standard by any means. I wasn't giving Bendo a chance in the next fight before, after seeing that I'm not so certain.

DeVore wrote: »
    What about an up kick? You can't just let a guy stand over you and tee-off... Either push him away with legs or at least threaten an up kick, more than one fight ended by one!

DeV.

Yeah but that's easy to say but might not be too easy to do when you're on your back with your arms around your head trying not to get hit. Did any of the punches actually land when he was on his back? I'm not so sure!

cant beat a bit of creedence!

should be a good fight this

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah but that's easy to say but might not be too easy to do when you're on your back with your arms around your head trying not to get hit. Did any of the punches actually land when he was on his back? I'm not so sure!
    I'm not a pro fighter hehe... I think to be honest the shots before did the damage and he got at least one wallop on the ground because he came up with a bloody nose he didn't have going down. I'm not entirely disagreeing with you either, I wouldn't have stopped the fight if he hadn't rolled over and I'd like to see the replay again to see what happened there... But if you put a gun to my head, I'd say it was a fair enough stoppage.

DeV.

Did Joe Rogan just advocate the viewing of Zuffa Copyrighted material on You Tube

Tut tut Joe :pac:

god the picture quality is going downhill rapidly. can barely see the clock

Ben Henderson is built like a brick shít house.

Great f*cking fight lads!

Phenomenal fighting from Henderson, but some heart from Miller!

DeV.

• Advertisement

i think miller has to go for the finish now.

What the hell is Miller made out of?

DeV.

That's many accumulators gone.

Henderson just sent a BIG message!

He's has to be in the mix for a shot after Edgar v Maynard! What a performance!

great fight! henderson was excellent. miller took a good beating - dont know how he kept going

Felt bad for Miller, I'd say he could have just kept going, talk about refusing to be finished! Great overall card so far, Hope Hardy and Lytle finish with a BANG!

New level of respect for Miller. A lot of guys would have quit, fair play to him. Would love to see him and Gray again. Looking forward to seeing him get back/

Miller vs Sots or Boeck next please.

edit... I think he's fought Boeck before actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The UFC have a tough task on their hands. Who is next in line after Edgar / Maynard 3. Guida, Siver and Henderson are all looking good.

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    That's many accumulators gone.

I think if you had a accumulator and put that fight on it you're mad.

Only those who didnt follow WEC would dare underestimate Henderson.

How weird will it be if Henderson gets a shot before Anthony Pettis? Pettis will definitely be regretting his decision to fight Guida then!

unknown13 wrote: »
    The UFC have a tough task on their hands. Who is next in line after Edgar / Maynard 3. Guida, Siver and Henderson are all looking good.

I'd like to see Henderson v Guida for the shot. That would be an immense fight!

Henderson really has to be in the title mix after that. I'd say there's a good chance he'll be matched against Clay Guida now as a title elimator and I'd love to see that one. I don't think Guida would be able to blanket him like he did with Pettis.

dont know who to shout for here. id hate to see lytle lose in his last bout but i wouldnt like to see hardy cut

Carlos Condit on Twitter
    I'm a big Lytle fan hope he wins, but wouldn't mind @danhardymma workin his way back up so I can shut him the **** up once and for all.

sonic85 wrote: »
    dont know who to shout for here. id hate to see lytle lose in his last bout but i wouldnt like to see hardy cut

+1

• Advertisement

I like Hardy too but it's silly that the guy is still in the UFC when he has so little in the way of ground game. He's not an old guy, he still has plenty of time to round off his style. Losing this might actually be good for him.

I'd like to see Henderson v Guida for the shot. That would be an immense fight!

Yeh don't think anyone can complain if thats made a No. 1 competitor match. Crazy how 18 months ago we we're talking about a lack of challangers for BJ.

I wish Hardy wouldn't insist on flirting with Buffer every time

Goldie mentioned Dublin wooo

What a great 1st round!!

I wish Hardy wouldn't insist on flirting with Buffer every time

I love it. You can tell Hardys getting pumped up by it and Bruce is giving it all

• Advertisement

Lytle getting the best of it. Hardy can't get into a rhythm. 10-9 to Chris!

Big Country taking over the emergency cornering duties :pac:

Isn't Roy Nelson and Dan Hardy the oddest yet best UFC fighter friendship ever!?

Is Hardy's mohawk leaking?

lytle is definitely looking for one more highlight reel knockout! hes taking big shots all the time

Lyttle by decision I think.

DeV.

This fight seems to have fallen into a really pedestrian pace. They both look happy to be getting a paycheck.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    This fight seems to have fallen into a really pedestrian pace. They both look happy to be getting a paycheck.

Nah, I think it's a very interesting one. They're both letting it hang out.

Tough round to score. Lytle is looking a tad tired.

Fair play to Hardy for letting it hang out when he's about to lose his job.

hardy isnt throwing any kicks and isnt attempting any takedowns though. bit strange hes choosing to just box with lytle. for a man thats close to getting his p45.

• Advertisement
Advertisement