Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Live 5

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Interesting that Hardy is being kept onboard, says he wants some time off, can't help but think he may have to get straight back in for 138 though. Article here: Link

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He needs to take some time off to learn the other "arts" to "mix" :)

But lets face it here... the big big news out of this, is named Ben Henderson. Expect him. :)

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He needs to take some time off to learn the other "arts" to "mix" :)

But lets face it here... the big big news out of this, is named Ben Henderson. Expect him. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Exactly! Henderson had been proving his worth over in the WEC and it must make it all so much sweeter that Jim Miller was one of the guys who was vocally doubting the top guys in the UFC's ability to contend at the top in the WEC.

In comes Hendo to smash Miller and Cowboy to smash one of the top UFC prospects. Excited for the future of the 155 division.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardy take a fight outside the organisation. Fight on a smaller show, get his confidence back up and perhaps fill that gap netween now and between his proposed return with new skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Henderson just sent a BIG message!

He's has to be in the mix for a shot after Edgar v Maynard! What a performance!
    Henderson was always in the mix imo,
    He was almost forced to vacate the belt, losing in the last WEC event. I know its not the same level, but it should of counted hugely towards the contender spot, he had 4 championship fights in a row.
    A bit strange that he ahead of Pettis but, that's the way it goes
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the post fight interview streams from the ufc website or anywhere else thats totally legal?
    It's on the UFC website, just like always

Anyone that found that fight entertaining probably has been watching ufc for 3 years and thinks fedor is a fraud, lesnar is the uncrowned king and joe rogan is the coolest man alive.
    Fedor let himself get into terrible shape due to fighting cans. Right now he isn't that good.
    Lesnar was uncrowned in stunning fashion. Cain is King.
    Rogan appears like a pretty cool guy.

Don't know what any of the above has to do with UFC live though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mellor wrote: »

It's on the UFC website, just like always

Wasn't when I was asking. Usually gets put up earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I tend to find these types of fights very boring these days. Mediocre boxing match with some token take down attempts. I think Hardy was criminally naive for attempting two such weak take down attempts against someone like Lyttle with a proven track record of taking submissions when they come. Like he got away with the first one just about, that should have been adequate warning.
    totally agree, the other fights were way more entertaining, miller v hendo was great, actually had me edge of the seat wondering if miller while getting a pounding would actually pull off a submission.
    there is one thing two fighters having a "stand up war" but this was just two guys mainly swinging at each other, not entertaining for me anyway!
    It is great when you see two fighters have a last round 30 second swing for the fences patch but 3 rounds of wild misses (apart from lyttles right body shots)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Wasn't when I was asking. Usually gets put up earlier.

I think the problem was that normally when it's a PPV all of that stuff is set up but not normally for the likes of fight nights and Versus shows?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Skimmed the last few pages, but are people suggesting the whole card was boring?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Hanley wrote: »
    Skimmed the last few pages, but are people suggesting the whole card was boring?!?!?

You'd need your head checked to think that card was boring :pac:

The Hardy/Lytle fight was stuck in third gear the whole way through and I found the Volkmann fight a bit dull to watch but the rest were great, especially Miller/Bendo. I'd liked to have seen the Cerrone fight last longer but it was still exciting nonetheless.

If Miller had pulled out a submission (which he was going for all the time even while getting battered!) I would have felt Hendo was robbed but all the same, I would have had to tip the hat to Miller as he has buckets of heart to spare!

DeV.

Nah, I think 99% of us found the card pretty good (that's my presumption on reading the thread though)

adamski8 wrote: »
    totally agree, the other fights were way more entertaining, miller v hendo was great, actually had me edge of the seat wondering if miller while getting a pounding would actually pull off a submission.
    there is one thing two fighters having a "stand up war" but this was just two guys mainly swinging at each other, not entertaining for me anyway!
    It is great when you see two fighters have a last round 30 second swing for the fences patch but 3 rounds of wild misses (apart from lyttles right body shots)

They made me wince each time. I'd say Hardy's body is a bruised mess!

Hardy was so one dimensional, when he missed a kick and spun round, he disappeared briefly.

DeV.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    You'd need your head checked to think that card was boring :pac:

The Hardy/Lytle fight was stuck in third gear the whole way through and I found the Volkmann fight a bit dull to watch but the rest were great, especially Miller/Bendo. I'd liked to have seen the Cerrone fight last longer but it was still exciting nonetheless.

Yeah I loved it, that's why I was a bit confused with the impression I got from skimming!!! It's one of the best this year anyway imo.
    DeVore wrote: »
    Hardy was so one dimensional, when he missed a kick and spun round, he disappeared briefly.

DeV.

Agree. Ish. It was good to see Lytle's last match being a complete banger in the pocket. Anyone else and I'd probably have been unimpressed.

Also, I said before the fight and it was proved on the night, I have no idea where people were getting the impression Hardy had the advantage on the feet. Lytle is by far a better boxer and technical striker (although his overhand rights on Sunday night weren't very technical). Yes, Hardy has better kicks, but Lytle is better overall on the feet. Hardy always had that power shot though which made it interesting.

And not to mention how Lytle is world's ahead on the ground. I was surprised Hardy was an early favourite at the bookies (although it WAS pointed out to me that Lytle ultimately became the favourite with the odds makers)

Also, I said before the fight and it was proved on the night, I have no idea where people were getting the impression Hardy had the advantage on the feet. Lytle is by far a better boxer and technical striker (although his overhand rights on Sunday night weren't very technical). Yes, Hardy has better kicks, but Lytle is better overall on the feet. Hardy always had that power shot though which made it interesting.

And not to mention how Lytle is world's ahead on the ground. I was surprised Hardy was an early favourite at the bookies (although it WAS pointed out to me that Lytle ultimately became the favourite with the odds makers)

Yeah, that and the fact he's never been knocked out or had a fight stopped by the ref in his pro career.... :D

Yeah, that and the fact he's never been knocked out or had a fight stopped by the ref in his pro career.... :D
    If i wanted to be nit-pickery here, I could point out he got stopped by the doctor against Joe Riggs and against Thiago Alves if i'm not mistaken............ but............

yeah, good point :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If i wanted to be nit-pickery here, I could point out he got stopped by the doctor against Joe Riggs and against Thiago Alves if i'm not mistaken............ but............

yeah, good point :pac:

Exactly. Stopped by the doc but not the ref :P

Mega Chin wrote: »

D'oh! :)

Mega Chin wrote: »

Bingo!! I was careful to qualify that one :D:p

Advertisement