Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview & Sky Configuration Question

• 12-08-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi ,

I have a sky subscription where I have 2 coax cables ran from dish to HD Box in sitting room.
    I have a 3rd cable in sitting room ran from sky box rf port back to an amplifier splitter in attic , from there each room takes a feed off this and using a magic eye can change the sky channel but same channel has to be watched in each room.

My question is I have got a new TV for kitchen which is saorview approved ,but the coax port on TV is taken up with the feed from the applifer in attic which is feeding sky to the kitchen TV. Is there anyway I can rearrange this and be able to use the second coax cable feed in kitchen for saorview so that the sitting room can be watching sky and in kitchen can watch saorview at same time .its just I don’t have a second coax port on kitchen tv to connect the coax cable from saorview aerial.

Sorry this is so long a description just not sure how to get this working.
    if anyone has any ideas on how to configure this that would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Run the cable from the aerial into the back of the Sky box and then the Saorview channels will be piped around the house along with the Sky RF channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Hi

Thanks for your Reply ,if i do this will it be possible for someone in the sitting room to be watching sky and on the tv in the kitchen be watching eg saorview at same time ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Yes, the Saorview channels (TV's will need to be Saorview compatible) AND the Sky RF channel will be piped around the house and available to each TV.

Advertisement