Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolphins in Donegal

Options
  • 12-08-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where would be the best place to go to try catch a glimpse of the Dolphins that have been spotted around Donegal bay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

apparently they swim close to the shore, they are between Rossnowlagh and Doorin Point, so maybe you could try the Waterbus office in Donegal Town, they may have spotted them already. Alternatively there are several boats for hire along the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Their has been quite a few spotted around the Teelin/Sliabh Liag bay area this past few weeks, there is boat trips from the pier and Paddy who dose the trips is the man to ask http://www.sliabhleagueboattrips.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Carrickman wrote: »
    Their has been quite a few spotted around the Teelin/Sliabh Liag bay area this past few weeks, there is boat trips from the pier and Paddy who dose the trips is the man to ask http://www.sliabhleagueboattrips.com/

Was out on that boat last Sat and there was loads of dolphins swimming along side us and jumping out of the water beside us. Most enjoyable trip and the skipper was great. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

Was out on that boat last Sat and there was loads of dolphins swimming along side us and jumping out of the water beside us. Most enjoyable trip and the skipper was great. Would recommend it to anyone.

Whats the prices like and how long do you get? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Plenty all around the coast it seems, I've seen some quite regularly around Burtonport, they swim with the ferries to Arranmore any time theyre around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Does anyone know if dogs are allowed on the boat trips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

I believe Burger King would be the best and last place to see these Dolphins, num num!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I believe Burger King would be the best and last place to see these Dolphins, num num!!!!
    Infraction given

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Carrickman wrote: »

Ta for that, gonna try to take a run out with him tomorrow, hope to see a few flippers on the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

I've seen them when out surfing in falcarragh area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Afew years ago I went fly fishing for pollack and mackerel at the rocks below Dunree fort, Next thing a pod of dolphins was swimming in and around the rocks quite close to me..twas nice to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

About four years ago myself and two mates went kayaking off the peir in donegal town.

We went out as far as seal island and stopped to have a bit of a chat when a dolphin popped out of the water about ten foot away from us!!

Scared the absolute sh!te out of us!! She sprayed a bit of water about the place and took off not to be seen again by us...

Was class to have seen one in the locality and alll the better that there is pods turning up in the bay, heres to hoping that they return year after year :)

Advertisement