Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many people in waterford like the NFL (american foootball)?

• 12-08-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Just wondering as i saw a few lads coming back from the wembley game last october through waterford airport.Whatever happened to that local american football team?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭daisy100

hello decies, i know a few lads who are in to the American football. You should start your own team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

The team was the Waterford Strongbows if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure it's still going though, I can find out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Yeah know a few people that are crazy about it. Wouldn't mind playing it either.

Where were the team practicing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

A mate of mine used to play on a team in Dublin.. he is living here now.. I'll send him on this link..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Would be interesting to find out if local team were still playing . Have gone to wembley last two years to watch NFL , big patriots fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Was talking to one of the lads on the team, he said theyre still playing. He said to check out "Southeast Strongbows" on Facebook if you wanna join. If you cant find it, or dont have a facebook you can PM me your number & I'll pass it on

Was talking to one of the lads on the team, he said theyre still playing. He said to check out "Southeast Strongbows" on Facebook if you wanna join. If you cant find it, or dont have a facebook you can PM me your number & I'll pass it on
    way too crocked and unfit to join, font know why you don't hear much about them , a bit of publicity wouldn't do them any harm. Where do they play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

decies wrote: »
    way too crocked and unfit to join, font know why you don't hear much about them , a bit of publicity wouldn't do them any harm. Where do they play?

Im not sure where they play matches, I think they do most of their training in the people's park. You should post up on their facebook and get in contact with some of the lads, might come in handy for a few people to watch big games with...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Massive Titans fan here. Watch NFL religiously

I see on strongbows page there actually a tag football team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Nice topic guys, Love the NFL, watched my Seahawks whoop on the Chargers, I would like to get something organized. If any one is interested PM me your details and we'll get a game going.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Hey guys just got in touch with Cian, looking for players. Get in touch via Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Hey there,

I'm on d team and d best way of finding out about training is d mentioned Facebook page.

It's tag for d moment, hoping to move on if we can get more players.

Fit or not it's great so check the facebook page for next training.
    As it is now that should be on Wednesday from 6pm in people's park.

And Go Steelers :D

Advertisement