Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Sheets?

• 12-08-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone would know where to find a book/set of sheets with sections on the French oral, the questons would be in French, with a list of possible answers following them? I did higher level for junior cert and was put in the "mixed ability (read: ordinary level)" class for TY and was told the sheets would not be needed, and once going back into higher level in 5th year I was told they were needed, and was not given any as I "should have known they were needed" :rolleyes: If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would be so grateful, and apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

I had a book called Le Francais Oral. Had all the basics plus tips for the document. I found it really good but I did have notes from my teacher to supplement it. But it did have a lot of good phrases that I thought impressed my examiner anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

where did you get it, and was it expensive? I really need to stay at higher level since i have 2 OL subjects already, and the oral is my downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I had Francais Oral for school, but I used Bien Dit at home. I found Bien Dit to be much better to use and much better content than Francais Oral!

Rebekahx wrote: »
    where did you get it, and was it expensive? I really need to stay at higher level since i have 2 OL subjects already, and the oral is my downfall.

I got it in ABC bookshop from what I remember but I'm sure you could order it off the internet from folens. Its about 16/17 euro not really sure
    but notmore than 20 anyway. I got it in 5th year but never used only used my teachers notes and then I used it all the time in 6th year because it had lots of phrases and sentences that no one else in my class would be using so I wasn't exactly the same as everyone going into the examiner. I'd try photocopy the notes you got off your teacher offsomeone in your class and then use the book to perfect everything.

http://www.folens.ie/catalog/book_detail.php?bookid=146&level=2&catid=0&parentid=&gs=
    Here's a link to it.

And there's some good oral and topical notes in Bac Superieur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

http://www.folens.ie/catalog/book_detail.php?bookid=146&level=2&catid=0&parentid=&gs=
    Here's a link to it.

And there's some good oral and topical notes in Bac Superieur.

thank you so much! We have been using Passe Partout and it's rubbish, half the class are failing. Hopefully getting grinds and with the oral book I can improve, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sckool

Buy Bien Dit by folens it is by far the best textbook you can buy for the L.C, schools generally dont ask you to buy it as they only ask you get a textbook that cover reading and writing. Trust me my mom is a french treacher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i never really used books for the oral, didn't need them(our teacher was amazing :D) but i did glance at revise wise, theres some real good stuff for the oral but the rest of it is really bad but its worth it just for the good oral stuff

Advertisement