Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtech cs350 - Pet Pir

Options
  • 12-08-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi

I have an Airtech cs350 that has a number of sensors on it including one PIR in the hall.

It was probably installed about 12 years ago.

The cat sets off the PIR - Is there anyway to get a new pir that is suitable e.g. pet friendly or is there a setting to make the PIR cat friendly?

Also there is a free zone on the mainbox - I was also wondering if you can buy A smoke / fire alarm sensor that is compatbile with the the cs350

Thanks in advance

Mark

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Mark any standard PiR will work with that panel. What you want is a pet tolerant PiR.
    Look at the Suppliers Stickey to find a source near you.
    They would be very easy to switch out.
    there are 6 connections
    + - T T A A

+ & - is power make sure not to short these out when disconnecting/reconnecting
    T T is Tamper & A A is alarm just make a note of these connections & reconnect the same.
    Your alarm should activate when opening the tampers, your regular code will turn it off. No other programming is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

you could mask off the bottom part of the lens on the pir.
    If your cat is up and down the stairs and the pir is pointing at it then that may not work

• Registered Users Posts: 33 markireland

Thanks a mill kool kid for prompt. Response. I had lost the codes for alarm so did a hard reset using j2 etc.

The wiring looks fairly straight forward for replacing the pir.

Was it silly asking about wiring up a smoke alarm to zone 5 Is this a possibility?

I was wondering where to get parts never thought of toreillys. And there is one up the road.

Thanks again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would look up some of the dedicated suppliers ahead of T O Reillys.
    You can connect up a 12v Smoke Alarm to a CS350 it wires up in the same way as a PiR but without the tampers.
    It has to be on its own zone & you change the zone type to Fire,;)

Thanks again

I think Tor have gone bust so will have a look at others.

Thanks for advice on smoke alarm will have a look for one.

My neighbours are thanking you already as while I mess around with it will be going off tomorrow etc

Thanks

• Advertisement

If you reset the panel you have engineer access.
    Pu it into engineer mode first & there will be no activations.

Hi

Yeagh the cat goes up and down the stairs so seems to set off the PIR so will look into get a pet friendly PIR as Kool Kid recommends.

Im in Dublin (North Side) - Does anyone recommend a supplier that would have a pet friendly PIR and a Fire detector at reasanle proces.

Thanks

Hi

Yeagh the cat goes up and down the stairs so seems to set off the PIR so will look into get a pet friendly PIR as Kool Kid recommends.
    If its pointing at the stairs a pet tolerant PiR may not work great.
    A pet tolerant PiR just masks up from the floor. The cat going up the stairs may be a problem.
    Im in Dublin (North Side) - Does anyone recommend a supplier that would have a pet friendly PIR and a Fire detector at reasanle proces.

Thanks

For northside try Northwood Technology .
    Bearing in mind the above , re the PiR if you want to give me a shout when your picking it up I'll put you onto one of the lads. You can get a PiR to try out on my AC . If it doesn't work I'll take it back for you.

Hi Kool

Am happy to buy directly from you, am not sure if its worth your while as quite a small order. This is what Im looking for - As you can guess havent had the alarm on for a few years but with the recession believe Burgularies are on the rise so want to have all in order before the winter arrives etc.

New External Box (Hooter and Led / Strobe)
    2 Pet friendly PIR's (have a new extension so want to add a new PIR to it presume I can add pir extending parallel wiring onto existing Vibratation sensor wiring or does it need to wired "in series").
    Smoke / Heat sensor - 12 v

can give u my personal email offline if you want prices to be pvt
    Thanks again.

I am not on here looking for business, I am happy to pick them up and drop them out to you. If the PiRs don't work there's no problem returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

2 Pet friendly PIR's (have a new extension so want to add a new PIR to it presume I can add pir extending parallel wiring onto existing Vibratation sensor wiring or does it need to wired "in series").

It should not be done either way. They should have there own zone. Yes, if you have enough spare cores in a cable use them for the extra pir, you can parallel the 12v.

Apologies, I missed that.
    Altor is correct, 1 PiR per zone, even with a 4 core its possible to wire 2 PiRs to seperate zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

Also there is a free zone on the mainbox - I was also wondering if you can buy A smoke / fire alarm sensor that is compatbile with the the cs350

To free up another zone for a smoke detector on your system you could series two window zones together. You will need engineer access to the system to set up the zone types for a smoke or part setting the other pir if necessary.

Advertisement