Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MUTV gone!

• 12-08-2011 2:42pm

Anyone with any ideas?

Receiving all my channels perfect all except MUTV.

I now get the no sat signal appearing when I switch to that channel, I thought maybe the dish went out of alignment the other day with the winds but if this was the case why is it only MUTV I cant receive?

Its very dull and overcast so could this effect the picture?

Many THanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I don't have MUTV but there's no EPG info appearing on screen for both it and Motors TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MrSneeg

I have a FTV card no sub but data on EPG for Motors & MUTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Brian h

Anyone with any ideas?

Receiving all my channels perfect all except MUTV.

I now get the no sat signal appearing when I switch to that channel, I thought maybe the dish went out of alignment the other day with the winds but if this was the case why is it only MUTV I cant receive?

Its very dull and overcast so could this effect the picture?

Many THanks for your help.

Hi irishfreeview,

Try checking the other channels on the transponder such as High Street TV (648), Jewellery Channel (650) or CNC world (516). If you are not getting any of those channels, try scanning the transponder manually as you would when adding "Other Channels" on 11527 V 27.5 2/3.

If you still can't get the channels, chances are that your dish may need a slight adjustment.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Thanks for the replies all.

Well after many hours of adjusting my dish without success I discovered the solution was twisting my lnb! Instead of having a normal straight LNB I now have one that is somewhat at an angle. Cant understand why this is, and I checked the connections and everything is fine!

Oh well at least I have the channel back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

usually lnb is set to 7 o'clock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I can only wonder if it's something to do with MUTV changing transponder yesterday or the day previous. Maybe the tp it moved to is weaker, one which would only work with the LNB skewed properly.

Advertisement