Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC

• 12-08-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Thanks to all who replied to my last thread re "recording".

I just thought that I would let you know the following.

I have a UPC tv, broadband and phone subscription at €85 per month. I decided I wanted to get rid of the TV package and just keep the phone and BB at a cost of €47, a saving of €38pm, €456 PA.

I have installed 2 FTA set top boxes, (I already had them in a previous house) and bought a Humax Freesat HDR and have also just purchased a Saorview box to install.

I phoned UPC to see what was required to cancel the TV and I was transferred to the "loyalty Dept" who gave me a loyalty deal of €69 for same service, it would be a new 12 month contract.

I guess that this shows that a lot of people are doing the same and they have to try and entice us to stay. So if anyone is not sure whether to change to FTA/Freesat, perhaps a phone call could save you some money.

As I would still be saving €264 per year and I have the gear, I will probably still cancel, but if I had known this beforehand............................:confused:

TC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

But UPC are not on satellite (in Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Onikage wrote: »
    But UPC are not on satellite (in Ireland)

Yes but the op has stated he has installed Freesat in his house and that retention deals are available for customers of tv providers who are wanting to cancel.
    Freesat is probably better than UPC's basic tv offering anyway.

Advertisement