Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrig Midhe

• 12-08-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi just wondering if anyone knows what this estate is like to live in?. Seems very new, an estate built at the end of the boom. Some people bought at Celtic Tiger prices but seems to be a lot of empty units and a lot renting. I'm considering taking a look with an auctioneer but to be honest am worried that it might be a ghost estate and vulnerable to social housing. Can anyone provide any references,good or bad as to what it's like to live in?.
    Thanks
    Drake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A lot of them are rented privately, many of them are rented by agencies such as the HSE and Clare County Council.

A lot of them are privately owned as well.

Pot luck really. However you will always have the chance of unruly neighbours be they privately mortgage holders, renters or social welfare folks so best bet is to view the house and go back a few times in the evening time and on Friday/Saturday nights to see for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Daffydrake wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone knows what this estate is like to live in?. Seems very new, an estate built at the end of the boom. Some people bought at Celtic Tiger prices but seems to be a lot of empty units and a lot renting. I'm considering taking a look with an auctioneer but to be honest am worried that it might be a ghost estate and vulnerable to social housing. Can anyone provide any references,good or bad as to what it's like to live in?.
    Thanks
    Drake

Lived there 3/4 years ago in a ground floor apartment,the place suffered with really really bad damp.My neighbours were drug dealers and a 16 year old kid was stabbed to death,other than that,nice place ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also its in Clare :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Mind the speed bumps, they're lethal in there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Look elsewhere I'd say. Not an attractive place to live imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The estate is finished so no worries about it being a ghost estate. Its pretty quite with the majority being home owners. Few private rentals but generally the estate is very quite now. Speed bumps are ridiculous all right.

The apartments are a bit busier alright as is there nature. Tell me the number you are looking at and ill be more use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

testicle wrote: »
    Mind the speed bumps, they're lethal in there!

+1. A mate lives there where he is the neighbours are all very nice. He is down in the houses not the apartments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Daffydrake wrote: »
    Thanks
    Drake

My brother lives there and it's lovely and quiet. No way is it a ghost estate and as for the other bad reviews, think they were just bad luck. My brother says it's nice, the neighbours are friendly and he's happy to bring up his two little girls there. BTW it's mostly owned not rented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daffydrake

Thanks,I did know already of the murder there a few years ago, I remain a bit sceptical of it. Is Westbury a good place?....from a neighbourhood point of view?.

Advertisement