Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta

Options
  • 12-08-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Ok I couldn't find any other section to put this thread in..

so anyways, the Beta for the Resistance 3 Multiplayer has been released on the ps3 so I decided to record a gameplay of my first multiplayer game of Resistance 3 which is also my first time ever playing Resistance! so here is the video if any of yous want to check out the multiplayer!

I have to say, I was really impressed with the game I will definitly be buying it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

very tempted to watch it as i dont want to ruin anything for myself but i imagine i'll watch it later. its been on my "must-have" list since i heard they were making it. hope its as good as R2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

First thing i noticed was a weird bear like growl when you died and the camera zoomed into your killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,321 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

is the beta out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Headshot wrote: »
    is the beta out now?

Yup Beta is available now
    First thing i noticed was a weird bear like growl when you died and the camera zoomed into your killer.

Yeah that is quite strange but I reckon the bear like noise is suppose to be the explanation as to how you can see who killed you? as in like some futurist technology, but thats just a guess haha
    very tempted to watch it as i dont want to ruin anything for myself but i imagine i'll watch it later. its been on my "must-have" list since i heard they were making it. hope its as good as R2.

I haven't played it but I want to now! does R2 have multiplayer?

sumsar wrote: »
    I haven't played it but I want to now! does R2 have multiplayer?

yeah R2 had the first ever ps3 servers that could support up to 64 players at once. never got that as i preferred the co-op which i thought was a hell of a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

wait... is it an open beta now ????

Looks pretty damn solid tbh. If i can stretch the budget i might get it.

Im downloading it as we speak

lucky I had I had a psn card from a good while back

its on psn+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Played it earlier. Really, really good looking visuals. I can't think of the last shooter I played that looked this nice. And the performance is excellent. It seems like they're really making the most of the hardware (which is the upside of it being an exclusive for ps3)

I also felt like it captured a lot of the charm and fun of Resitance 1 multiplayer. I absolutely loved Resistance 1. Obviously the campaign was great, but the multiplayer was great craic.

I wasn't as pushed on R2 multiplayer (other than the co-op as DirtyBollox mentioned) so I'm really happy with the beta for 3

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Yeah open beta for PS+ as said,

and I also agree, amazing graphics, I'm definitly getting this! Sony are really onto a winner with this PS exlcusive franchise.... pity it took me till the 3rd game to realise this!

Just had a few games there. Took me awhile to get into a match but once I did I really enjoyed

• Advertisement

anyone know if they are still offering the free 30 days of psn+? as part of the welcome back package? never activated it as i never though it would be worthwhile. if i still can then i might get this tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

anyone know if they are still offering the free 30 days of psn+? as part of the welcome back package? never activated it as i never though it would be worthwhile. if i still can then i might get this tonight.

That offer is long gone.

I've never seen the point of PS+, but wouldn't mind having it now to try this beta.
    Looks sweet.

Was playing more of it just there. Absolutely loving it. I'm not usually that pushed on online shooters, but I just really like the style and gameplay of this. There's only 2 maps and 2 gametypes on the beta, but I have't gotten bored yet.

And the levelling is nice, allowing you to try out a good few different weapons and perks.

High hopes for the main release. I just hope they haven't gotten lazy in the campaign because the multiplayer is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have been playing it for the last 2 weeks, was lucky enough to get an invite to the family and friends beta! Really really solid game (well apart from 1 or 10 crippling bugs), great visuals, great guns (who would expect anything different from a resistance/Insomniac game?) and just great overall gameplay i suppose!

Will defo be a day 1 purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Generally im not mad about the multiplayer side of games but this was really fun, I can see myself playing this a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i will be playing later after the rugby is over

tl1979 if anyone wants to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Cant w8 for this to be released, not gonna play the beta cause itll ruin it for me. Loved the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

ill be on around 9-ish if any of yous wanna play PSN: Naughtix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just played a few rounds of the Beta this morning. Really enjoyed it. This game has gone to a might purchase to a definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Multiplayer looks bollox compared to resistance 1 and 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Alot better than 2 (in which i racked up 8k+ kills, so i know a thing or two) and on par with 1. Give it a shot before you blast it.

Multiplayer looks bollox compared to resistance 1 and 2

Definitely give it a try man. I loved the Resistance 1 multiplayer and I definitely feel like this has that same fun feel. It's very balanced.

Was never that pushed on R2 online so I'd definitely say it's better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

This game really feckin' me off first time i played it, but very addicted to it now. Once you know how the guns and their alt. fire works, it's very easy peasy. Good game Wolfy btw... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Really enjoying this. I never really played the first two so I'll have pick them up. One thing that I can see annoying me is those stupid creatures that spawn when someone dies. Still, looking forward to the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Had no intention of picking up Resistance 3 after being a bit unimpressed with 2, but have really enjoyed the few games I've played of 3 and may have to pick it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

woa, now this is clunky. Far more than kz imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Reviews in.

IGN 9/10
    Eurogamer 8/10
    Joystiq 9/10
    Gametrailers 8.8/10
    gamefront 93/100

Seems to be a great game... now.. which granny to sell so i can get it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Got the DLC code from my gamestop pre-order today :)

Advertisement