Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hushovd

• 12-08-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

I wonder if Thor is regretting his move already? TBH, he's unlikely to have moved team and not understood the terms, but on top of being dropped from the Garmin Cervelo roster for this years Vuelta, Cuddles looks like he's throwing the stuffed kangaroo's out of his pram about the 2012 Tour already.....:(
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hushovd-not-to-participate-in-2012-tour-de-france

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I wonder if Thor is regretting his move already? TBH, he's unlikely to have moved team and not understood the terms, but on top of being dropped from the Garmin Cervelo roster for this years Vuelta, Cuddles looks like he's throwing the stuffed kangaroo's out of his pram about the 2012 Tour already.....:(
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hushovd-not-to-participate-in-2012-tour-de-france

That's cuddles right to as TDF champ

It appears Thor signed with bmc before the tour

Looking back it appears thors agent didn't look at all possible scenarios possible in the tour

Sometimes I wonder about agents and how much thought they put into scenarios

It seems there was an oversight in dan martins contract too when he was overlooked for the tour this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

GC chasing requires total commitment.
    Second place on the GC is first loser.
    Stage winners are still winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

It seems there was an oversight in dan martins contract too when he was overlooked for the tour this year

Can you expand a bit please?

ROK ON wrote: »

Can you expand a bit please?

I gather there was nothing in his contract to say he was guaranteed to ride the tour this year

Lumen wrote: »
    GC chasing requires total commitment.
    Second place on the GC is first loser.
    Stage winners are still winners.

They are all indisputable facts but may i ask what is your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They are all indisputable facts but may i ask what is your point?

Oh yeah. Point is, a sprinter can still have a successful tour without committing half the team in support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I don't think this is going to affect either rider much. Hushovd has already said this year that he can't compete with Cavendish for sprint stages and has changed back to being a more all round rider. He'll probably just be given a free role to go for stages like he did this year and then be the leader in the classics. He didn't even look like he was targetting green this year.

He only got the Yellow because of Garmin's TTT abilities. Something they really focused on. And they could then defend him because they did not have any serious GC contender. It was a unique set of circumstances that got him yellow and even if it happened for him again, I don't think BMC would spend any energy defending it if Evans was still in contention.

Actually did Garmin do much defending or did he do it all himself? I can't remember that far back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Evans pretty much scrapped all the reports on not wanting Thor in the Tour today saying he definitely wants him in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

To be honest it would be strange of BMC to leave Hushvod out and put all their eggs in the Evan's basket, especially with Contador going hell for leather for the Tour next year. This way they'll be covered for the GC and get some decent early TV coverage and possibly stage wins.

Advertisement