Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Acc Issue

Options
  • 12-08-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys,

I was in the process of setting up a business, but I have decided to put it on hold (was way too much work to set up and maintain for a sole trader). I had registered business name, website and got business bank account. I didn't register for tax and didn't start trading. The new business is similar service/industry, but it has new name.

I have since set up another business which is alot more manageable for me and will see profits coming in alot faster. This new business is almost set up fully, but I have one worry. Going to my bank and telling them I'm stopping the first business and starting another one.

I found the whole process nerve-wracking the first time getting a business bank account, i'm worried what will happen this time. Does it look bad that I quit the first business and am starting a new one?

Is it possible to just add this new business onto the existing bank account I have? Or will I have to set up a totally new account?

I'm worried that the bank will deny a second account for me.

I know I should speak to my local branch and I will on Monday, I just want a heads up from any of you guys who might have been in a situation like this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Which bank is it with? I had to close 1 of my BOI accounts and they were cool with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 entrepreneur2

It's with BOI. I'm not so worried about closing the account, it's more worrying will they let me open another business account? Do I have to go through all the process again, filling in all those forms, showing them business plan, etc.

I'm wondering could I just change the business account name and keep the same account?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

You can have as many businesses as you like and as many accounts as you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's with BOI. I'm not so worried about closing the account, it's more worrying will they let me open another business account? Do I have to go through all the process again, filling in all those forms, showing them business plan, etc.

I'm wondering could I just change the business account name and keep the same account?

It'll have to be a new account due to the new business name.

Advertisement