Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Jani Lane

Options
  • 12-08-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Sad news, Warrant Frontman Jani Lane found dead. R.I.P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Did he sing Cherry pie? One of the best hair metal song.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

In his prime he was a great singer, he'd had a lot of DUI and alcoholic addiction problems in the last few years - the thing is that Warrant's new album is OK but it's not half the album it could have been with Jani...they knew it themselves, Jani was a true 80s singer, in every sense of the word. He may never have reclaimed his glory days like a lot of ex-80s stars such as Mike Tramp and Stephen Pearcy but he will be missed, at least when he produced songs like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Hold on, I've just found out what his real name was....

Born John Kennedy Oswald on Feb. 1, 1964, in Akron, Ohio

So, he's born in 1964, less than 6 months shy of JFK's assassination and his parents (with the surname Oswald) think it's clever, or funny, to name him John Kennedy....is that a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Hold on, I've just found out what his real name was....

Born John Kennedy Oswald on Feb. 1, 1964, in Akron, Ohio

So, he's born in 1964, less than 6 months shy of JFK's assassination and his parents (with the surname Oswald) think it's clever, or funny, to name him John Kennedy....is that a joke?

I recall reading somewhere that he was called John Patrick Oswald but was for the first month or so called John Kennedy Oswald due to his parents admiration for JFK. For whatever reason they decided to change it though.

Sad loss to the metal community. I wouldn't be a huge hair metal fan but will admit to odd guilty pleasure of a bit of Warrant/Ratt/Dokken and the like. He was only 10 years older than me!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

I saw Jani Lane wearing a Dublin Gaa jersey in an interview once. It was for a documentary on the history of metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Yeah very sad interview that.
    As motley covered earlier he was a lot more than just cherry pie.

Way too young to die

Rip jani.

Advertisement