Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waiting for 'The Call'

• 12-08-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Sorry I know this has prob been asked millions of times. I had an interview this evening at 4 (for a french position). I felt I did really well, anyone I have spoken to has said they heard almost straight away if they were successful. Is this true? I hate the thoughts of having to wait all weekend and then to be told on Monday that I was unsuccessful:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They might have more interviews on Monday. They might just not have decided yet. I know more people who had to wait for the call for a few days than people who got a call straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coco25

I did an interview recently on a Friday and I heard the successful person would be told by that evening, so all day I was waiting for the phone to ring, by about 9 o'clock I gave up! Roll on monday morning I got a call to say I got it! Try not to stress too much and fingers crossed for you!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

If you don't get the call it doesnt mean you didn't get it. Even it was offered to someone else they might not take it or be given the weekend to decide.

Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I had a sat interview and was offered the job on Tuesday. The waiting game is awful
    oat wrote: »
    Sorry I know this has prob been asked millions of times. I had an interview this evening at 4 (for a french position). I felt I did really well, anyone I have spoken to has said they heard almost straight away if they were successful. Is this true? I hate the thoughts of having to wait all weekend and then to be told on Monday that I was unsuccessful:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 muirthemne

Don't worry.....I had an interview on the 5th and didn't hear until the 12th.....now in fairness the job was pulled altogether as it was only 10 hours and enrolment numbers were down but dont stress out just yet.....possibly more interviews tomoro!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Thanks for all the replies, I'm very impatient and hate not knowing. It was the longest weekend ever! I'm convinced I didn't get it. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow evening I'm going to ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 sara_q

Bonne chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

I never got the call I was waiting for but I got the letter yesterday to say that I got it. 6 days later!! At this time of year! I'm delighted:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

I never got the call I was waiting for but I got the letter yesterday to say that I got it. 6 days later!! At this time of year! I'm delighted:D

Congratulations, that is fantastic news. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

What was the general advice of the forum? To sum it up....don't panic. Some wise old (and possibly young) heads be hanging round here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Every school is different...I have only ever done 2 interviews....got both jobs and had a phone call the eveing of the interview in both cases...Relax and hope for the best !!

Advertisement