Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vomero 6 running shoe problem

• 12-08-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello ,sorry if this is a bad question for your forum ,but its an odd problem I'm having.

Purchased a pair of vomero 6 runners about a month ago and now the left shoe creaks like mad when I use them.
    I just took the insole out to find the left inner sole different to the right ,theres like a hole in the centre of the shoe with foam inside.

Is this normal ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Just a quick guess but is this hole for the Nike+ foot pod by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Balloon Of a fish in C.

Thanks ,
    Only discovered what it was shortly after I started the thread ,feel a bit stupid now.

The noise is the sole creaking against the hard plastic nike plus sensor holder. Its really annoying and I presume it happens with all shoes that have it.

Just as well they're so comfortable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dev123 wrote: »
    Just a quick guess but is this hole for the Nike+ foot pod by any chance?

Sorry but my Lunar Eclipse has a bloody creak type noise and yes they have the NIke +...........can you shed any light on this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭clubcard

Bring them back and get a refund if not happy.shouldn't be squeaking:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

clubcard wrote: »
    Bring them back and get a refund if not happy.shouldn't be squeaking:D

Was told no go on that,also shoe had been worn on the road so cannot be resold he said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭clubcard

The only reason I'd bring these back is to get a new pair ,but theres no point if they all have the same issue. I really like them apart from the creaky sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

The noise is the sole creaking against the hard plastic nike plus sensor holder. Its really annoying and I presume it happens with all shoes that have it.

I have a pair of Nike Lunarglides which have the spacing for the foot pod - There is no creaking sound with them.

It may be that a different pair of the Vomero might not suffer the same problem. Why not get them changed and see if it is unique to the pair that you have?

Other than that something like WD40, used for creaking doors, might solve the problem. Although I will put in a disclaimer here and say that I don't know what effect that will have on your runners. And I wouldn't try the WD40 and then try and bring them back.

Dev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I run in vomeros and don't have that problem.
    I did have creaking orthotics but a sprinkle of talc powder in the runners soon solved it

Thanks for the tips and recommendations ,I think I'll try talc powder and see how it goes.
    I wouldn't bring the shoes back unless they were uniquely faulty ,so I'm happy to keep them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement