Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3ds price cut

Options
  • 12-08-2011 7:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40

Just saw gamestop selling the 3ds for 150.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Game stop was actually 159.99 when I passed earlier, HMV was 169.99 but they advertised a free game with it, don't know what games were on offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is it in shops too or only online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm sure Tesco Ireland will do a similar price I just couldn't find a link.

• Advertisement

so... anyone was in local gamestop to check its price? is it in all gamestops? any news on second hand ones?

so... anyone was in local gamestop to check its price? is it in all gamestops? any news on second hand ones?

Price I mentioned earlier was the shop price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

As someone who hates 3D, be it in games movies TV etc, I'm glad the 3DS is failing. 3D just doesn't work. The tech to make it work properly (not just a eye strain causing hack) is prob 10 years away.

Still might pick up a 3DS when the price falls enough cause it has some all right games and you don't have to play it in 3D.

Wicknight wrote: »
    As someone who hates 3D, be it in games movies TV etc, I'm glad the 3DS is failing. 3D just doesn't work. The tech to make it work properly (not just a eye strain causing hack) is prob 10 years away.

Still might pick up a 3DS when the price falls enough cause it has some all right games and you don't have to play it in 3D.

of the same mind to an extent until I played a 3ds, i thought it worked quite well more so than movies and tv do imo . I've still no interest in buying one though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't get the eye strain?! I love 3d, and can't wait until i can afford a 3d tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The 3D is optional, you can turn the slider off. I grant you, the right games aren't around to justify it yet, and won't start coming into steadyish supply until November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As someone who hates 3D, be it in games movies TV etc, I'm glad the 3DS is failing. 3D just doesn't work on me. The tech to make it work properly for me (not just a eye strain causing hack) is prob 10 years away.

Still might pick up a 3DS when the price falls enough cause it has some all right games literally only one must have game and you don't have to play it in 3D.

Just ran over that post for you.

The 3D works beautifully on the 3DS, its a brilliant design which sadly, is let down by the complete void of anything to play on it.

Ps if your gonna buy one just because you can turn the 3D off, dont waste your money. Buy a GBA & an N64.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ps if your gonna buy one just because you can turn the 3D off, dont waste your money. Buy a GBA & an N64.

I bought one and have the 3D turned off since basically day 1 (only turning it on in very rare cases) :confused:

lads, what is the best place to buy 3DS so?

btw is there any internal storage on 3DS? if not, do you get atleast some small basic memory card for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

lads, what is the best place to buy 3DS so?

btw is there any internal storage on 3DS? if not, do you get atleast some small basic memory card for it?

Comes with a tiny amount of internal storage (which can only be used for dsiware downloads i think?:confused:) and also a 2GB SD card.

wampyrus77 posted the following on the bargain alerts forum:
    wampyrus77 wrote: »
    nintendo 3ds has lower its price from €149.99 in HMV, smyths toystore & GAME €159.99, Gamestop €169.99, argos €179.99 other stores are from €169.99 to according latest tv report advertizement.
    Dunno how accurate that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Didn't it go 129? Or is it back to 115?

How much it will end up in euros? I guess free delivery too?

I bought it there and it worked out a 136 euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

it sure did. I'm surprised its back down to £115. Handy site here for tracking the prices: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-3DS-Cosmos-Black-Handheld/product/B004ISLDV0

irish VAT brings it up to £115.95, but yeah, delivery is free. 115.95 GBP = 132.126 EUR (according to xe.com/ucc), maybe a tiny bit more, and whatever your credit card charges for currency conversion. I'd say at most it'll cost €136?

They have bundle offers too, but they're not great:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_160283347_6?ie=UTF8&docId=1000489893&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1B0DYBY1NEKW0V1B2Z5N&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=250171227&pf_rd_i=506846

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Getting Zelda: OOT for an extra £20 isn't bad... most people will be getting that game anyway. The rest of the games look like duds though.

• Advertisement

oh god... i want to do a sneaky one...

i told misses about getting it and she was not impressed lol.

if i order now, i might have it next week... damn so tempted.... but is it worth it of 1 week no dinners and no sex.... hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Polar101

How much was it before they cut the price?

Polar101 wrote: »
    How much was it before they cut the price?

Lowest was about €190 on amazon and went up as high as €270 in some shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

oh god... i want to do a sneaky one...

i told misses about getting it and she was not impressed lol.

if i order now, i might have it next week... damn so tempted.... but is it worth it of 1 week no dinners and no sex.... hmmmmm

the human body can survive more than a week of no food but no sex....... :D

the human body can survive more than a week of no food but no sex....... :D
    I guess I will have to arrange meetings with Pamela handerson for a week. :)

I am still on the fence.. Last night I went to sleep with idea that I want one, I woke up in the morning and I was like: feck that, I'll manage without it. Now I want it again :)

Advertisement