Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

website feedback - www.alleventdjs.ie

• 12-08-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

hi there, only found this forum by accident today. Hopefully you can help me. I've a site up and running a few months now, but the only feedback i've got is off family members etc, which is rarely critical.

I like it, but want to know if there's anything i should change? do you like it? if you came across it would you be convinced to send us in a call back request. what would you get rid off or change? Any tips or advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It's a good site. However, I find the looping flash banners in the party, wedding and karaoke sections to be really tedious. It would be better to have a gallery with still images IMO.

I find the purple to be hard on my eyes.

No links to social networks? You should try to use the site in conjunction with facebook etc.

No business address. This always looks a little dodgy.

I'm not keen on the font used in the text areas. I think it's arial on my machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

It's a good site. However, I find the looping flash banners in the party, wedding and karaoke sections to be really tedious. It would be better to have a gallery with still images IMO.

I find the purple to be hard on my eyes.

No links to social networks? You should try to use the site in conjunction with facebook etc.

No business address. This always looks a little dodgy.

I'm not keen on the font used in the text areas. I think it's arial on my machine.

cheers fanny

yeah video's were an attempt to do something different. but i take your point, rolling stills mite look better.

no links on the social network yet but is in the pipeline for the next time we make changes to it.

Didn't think of including the business address, inexperience on my behalf, but would make it a bit more localised i supposed which would be good. We have that set up on the adwords, so when it comes up on a search it will be seen there, but i will include it on the site in the next batch of changes too.

I'll look at the font too, to see if anything else works on it.

Thanks for the feedback tho, all things to look at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The site inserts headings as images using sprites. It would be better to just use the regular image method. Also not good for SEO. In general, using graphics for text raises issues.

I'd put the price on the individual pages.

Some of the images are rights managed by istockphoto, make sure you have the proper licencing in place or you risk them sending out a hefty invoice, typically over $500 per image.

RBN is not displayed.

No to Flash.

Try to get reviews from happy customers.

Sample sets might be an idea.

hth and gl

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

tricky D wrote: »
    The site inserts headings as images using sprites. It would be better to just use the regular image method. Also not good for SEO. In general, using graphics for text raises issues.

I'd put the price on the individual pages.

Some of the images are rights managed by istockphoto, make sure you have the proper licencing in place or you risk them sending out a hefty invoice, typically over $500 per image.

RBN is not displayed.

No to Flash.

Try to get reviews from happy customers.

Sample sets might be an idea.

hth and gl

Not sure what the first part means (sorry, your dealing with a newbie here)?the photo's are bought from shutterstock so afaik thats all covered. Not sure what a RBN is??? Looking at getting rid of flash alright to have rolling stills instead, and i'm leaving reviews for facebook because i find them quite fake. Where if they're on FB you can see someone actually posted them and its not just some bull that the owner of the site made up. Maybe thats just me being cynical.

As for price per page, we had that before, but while people were visiting, very few were going through to the contact page, so i removed them and its made an unbelievable difference to the amount of enquiries coming through, (i'm getting more per week than we did in the whole time the prices were on display). so while i too thought it was a good idea, so far research tells me its not.

I will google the other 2 things though to see what they mean, but thanks for the feedback :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

RBN, I gather, is an acronym for registered business number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement