Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a disgrace, Joe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

talk to joe, he'll listen, even if no other cnut would.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Who do you talk to when you have to complain about someone who is:
    • overpaid on taxpayer money,complete with a gilt edged pension;
    • defended 14 years of corruption of the previous government;
    • pretends he represents the 'little man';
    and will no doubt extol the virtues of another with the same characteristics as above to run for President?

I think I'll talk to the 'jacks' bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

[*]overpaid on taxpayer money,complete with a gilt edged pension;

Talk to my hand :pac:

sollar wrote: »
    Talk to my hand :pac:

I'm sorry, would that be when its:

• holding a utensil;
    • around your kn*b;
    or
    • up your a*se.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Joe for president imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

If fairness there's been some ahem' entertaining shows.

Anyone remember the guy who rang in from a cell in Portlaoise....

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

No but I heard about it. Does anyone have any links to some timeless Joe clips?

Lots of people have been threatened with Joe Duffy, but none have admitted to calling in, and knowing someone who has called in isn't really much more common.

I wonder if the real talent behind Liveline then is that all the callers are really just one man, Joe, taking the piss in various characters.

later10 wrote: »

Lots of people have been threatened with Joe Duffy, but none have admitted to calling in, and knowing someone who has called in isn't really much more common.

I wonder if the real talent behind Liveline then is that all the callers are really just one man, Joe, taking the piss in various characters.

It's Mario Rosenstock moonlighting.;)

Eureka!! No wonder all his callers were so pissed off when he got a smack of a car!....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭FGR

mikemac wrote: »
    Joe, he's no Billy McCarthy ;)

Waterford equivalent

Ah now Joe/Billy could never compare to the greatness that is Neill Prenderville.

What a man! A walking hypocrisy! :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah now Joe/Billy could never compare to the greatness that is Neill Prenderville.:pac:

Although Neil is a proclaimed w*anker, Joe is god in the self-gratification stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

stevejr wrote: »
    If fairness there's been some ahem' entertaining shows.

Anyone remember the guy who rang in from a cell in Portlaoise....

That was genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm calling Joe first thing Monday morning to tell him about this thread and to complain about that bloody internet in general.

Although Neil is a proclaimed w*anker, Joe is god in the self-gratification stakes.

Wouldn't it be interesting if oul Neil covered Joe's next Holidays on Liveline.

Something to ponder....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I knew Joe Duffy when he was in USI and in fairness to him he was very good about looking after Irish students rights. He wasn't a waffler and dear god there were some wafflers in USI back then....probably still are.
    I will never forget the day (in front of the assembled multitudes from colleges around the country that he told Kader Asmal (Irish Anti-Apartheid Movement.) Chris Doris (now RTE Producer I think) and Alex White (TD? Senator?) to 'shut the f**k up about apartheid and Israel because students in Galway RTC are having to use the corridors to study in because the library is so small.'
    I thought that was fairly heroic given that it had never happened before. USI was a bull****ters charter.

In a way he is still doing the same thing.

Wouldn't it be interesting if oul Neil covered Joe's next Holidays on Liveline.

Something to ponder....

Now it is :D

Now it is :D

They'd never get away with that on a plane.....:pac:

They'd never get away with that on a plane.....:pac:

Not even in the cockpit ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Solnskaya wrote: »
    go on, you're crapping it really:D

Be god and I wasn't! I was all for the guy ringing up, I would have tore strips off him and let Joe referee! Ah in all fairness, some people think any little rant they have and Joe will be on to it and give them sympathy.

I particularly love when Joe takes a long pause after someones heartfelt rant, a deep breath and spouts sh1te talk for another hour or so. TALK TO JOE.

Fcuk off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm calling Joe first thing Monday morning to tell him about this thread and to complain about that bloody internet in general.

Haven't seen it myself but I agree it's a scandal Joe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Blind Boy from the Rubberbandits, defends his music to Joe. Its epic. Some quotes:

Joe:"Can you speak properly?"
    Blind Boy:"What you mean kid?"

Blind Boy:"Your looking at it from a very denoted perspective. You're looking at it literally, whats not being looked at is the subtext"

Here you go:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

syklops wrote: »
    Blind Boy from the Rubberbandits, defends his music to Joe. Its epic. Some quotes:

Joe:"Can you speak properly?"
    Blind Boy:"What you mean kid?"

Blind Boy:"Your looking at it from a very denoted perspective. You're looking at it literally, whats not being looked at is the subtext"

Here you go:

Jaysus, do you remember the Rubberbandits?...They were deadly they were :rolleyes:

#CHILDREN and #HOUSEPARTIES and #DRUGS

What do you mean can I talk prop'rly?!!!!1111!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The "Liveline" should be called "The Brain Dead Line".

It's so bad, even David Mc Savage manages to make it look funny, and that's saying something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

The live line thread in radio is probably my favourite thread on boards at the moment.

didn't know about that thread, i actually cannot wait until the next liveline now.

yes i really am that sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I had a problem a while ago.
    Couldn't get my son into a school.
    Spent months and months writing to politicians and heads of departments and the sort.
    Seriously though, the amount of people that were pushing me to call Joe was astounding!
    I'd rather jump in the Liffey than call a radio station to go on about my problems, but so, so many people seemed to believe it was the only thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

didn't know about that thread, i actually cannot wait until the next liveline now.

yes i really am that sad.

It's ok. I think there's a good few of us into it.

It beats shouting "oh for **** sake" at the radio/media player on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

I work in public transport so you get a Liveline threat every few weeks, without fail.

Usually it's auld ones on free travel passes who aren't being waited on hand and foot so they get uppity or it's from people who get fined for not having tickets who think "going public" will make the fine go away.

I still remember there was uproar one day because a Bus Driver was only stopping at the bus stops and not picking up people in between stops or letting them off. Of course in any situation that's stupid to complain about, but these were the elderly and of course they own the bus network.

I have been threatened with the Joe line before. Instead of saying ok, what I do is point out excatly wherein the customer was wrong and what laws are there to protect that, then was they have all the information about them being wrong I then tell them to go call Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I got threatened by a customer where I work with Joe Duffy once. I was so surprised that people someone actually threatened to call Joe Duffy that all I could do was laugh! Not a good idea, it took a good 10 minutes more to sort her out.

Advertisement