Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psi calcs &; ACD

Options
  • 12-08-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Q1: When using the ACDs for my build can I calculate the psi value based on this - and thus get to a figure better than 0.08 - appendix K is a little confusing in its language

Q2:does the exposed area include the floor area or just that walls and roof (I assume it includes the floor as well)

I am suspicious of my psi - its 0.016) compared with DEAP default 0.08 - does this sort of sound right ??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Q2 - its the total outside surfrace - roof, walls and floors

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

the phpp ignores psi values of less than 0.01 so this is what you should be aiming for.
    as per the Accredited details in Bregs, Imho in many cases these can be improved on.
    there is software called 'Therm' that allows psi values to be accurately assessed/calculated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

PHPP uses psi values based on the German method of measuring elements which is to the outer surface. DEAP uses the UK/IRL method of measuring elements which is to the inner surface. You cannot interchange psi values between PHPP/DEAP methods of measurement.

Advertisement