Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinacurra road car wash (formerly Texaco garage)

• 12-08-2011 8:15pm

Hi, was driving out of Spearns (Spar) yesterday and spotted that the building in the old texaco garage had neon signs saying tea/coffee shop, budweiser and a few other signs on the window. Does anyone know whats actually in there? Hardly a café/bar. The place is dilapidated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a car wash/valeting place now afaik.

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a car wash/valeting place now afaik.

Ya i know that, but is the building being used as something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

shaaane wrote: »
    Hi, was driving out of Spearns (Spar) yesterday and spotted that the building in the old texaco garage had neon signs saying tea/coffee shop, budweiser and a few other signs on the window. Does anyone know whats actually in there? Hardly a café/bar. The place is dilapidated!

I noticed them too! One said pizza! Maybe they just sell those signs! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I noticed them too! One said pizza! Maybe they just sell those signs! :P

Yep they do.

Damn, have not heard it called Spearins in a while now. Think there has been two owners of the place since Dave went back to Adare. He set up a Service station /shop on Station road in Adare the bones of ten years ago.

• Advertisement

Damn, have not heard it called Spearins in a while now. Think there has been two owners of the place since Dave went back to Adare. He set up a Service station /shop on Station road in Adare the bones of ten years ago.
    It'll be always known as spearins to me I'm afraid. So the car wash sells neon signs. Odd combination but fair enough!

It'll be always known as spearins to me I'm afraid. So the car wash sells neon signs. Odd combination but fair enough!

I'm a bit biased but it has never been run as well since Dave sold up as it was when he owned it. Very good hands on owner in terms of running a business well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah it certainly was the place to go when he owned it

I'm a bit biased but it has never been run as well since Dave sold up as it was when he owned it. Very good hands on owner in terms of running a business well.
    I remember when I was a youngin and finding £20 (yes pounds) on the shop floor and handing it over to him and he said that if it wasn't claimed within a week that he'd give it to me. I was thinking "yeah right". Anyway I stopped in as usual on the way home from school a week or so later and he came over and handed me the money and said enjoy it. I was delighted with myself! Sound bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Was in here the other day. Im in Raheen since 99 and i never knew there was a graveyard behind it next to Punches. Never saw it before. Scatterbrain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Was in here the other day. Im in Raheen since 99 and i never knew there was a graveyard behind it next to Punches. Never saw it before. Scatterbrain.

Its an "upright" graveyard whereby, as I understand, they are buried upright as oppossed to the traditional horizontal. :confused:

Its an "upright" graveyard whereby, as I understand, they are buried upright as oppossed to the traditional horizontal. :confused:
    I heard that before alright. Haven't a clue how true it is. I know it's a Quakers grave yard anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I remember being told when I was a young un that it was where all the pets were buried :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Advertisement