Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Keane to L.A Galaxy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Christ he milks the celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

noodler wrote: »

yup, he does but if it helps keeps his confidence high, I care not one bit. We need a huge 8 days out of Robbie and i'm holding belief that he will provide :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He certainly hasn't lost his touch in that department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Good to see him get minutes under his belt and scoring before the up-coming play-off. Looking a bit sharper but has to be said that the defending was absolutely atroscious there. Nonetheless it's a positive to see him confident again.

Really does milk it doesn't he? Americans love that sh^t!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That's HOLLYWOOD baby!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Why do people care so much about his celebrations? The man loves scoring goals and shows that after he scores, nothing wrong with that IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will he miss the MLS Final as a result of playing the Estonia games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

anyone see Beckham's ball for the second goal . :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

anyone see Beckham's ball for the second goal . :eek:

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That is some cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dempsey wrote: »
    That is some cross

Cant argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

MLS Cup match is this Sunday.

Anyone going to watch?

Bump

Final is on tonight at 2am. Keane set to start.

Links

WWE, NFL and MLS all on at the same time. This is what internet streaming is made for :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Good luck to Robbie and his Galaxy team mates.

• Advertisement

Had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside there. Was on when the ball was played through :(

Still 0-0 after 58 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside there. Was on when the ball was played through :(

Still 0-0 after 58 minutes.

Gutted! :mad: Have him 9/2 first goal scorer!

LA are dominating this though. Surely only a matter of time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keane with a nice assist, Donovan scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Houston were an awful team, and most of Galaxy were too. Fair play to Keane and all that definitely, but US football has a long, long way to go still from the matches i've watched this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Corholio wrote: »
    Houston were an awful team, and most of Galaxy were too. Fair play to Keane and all that definitely, but US football has a long, long way to go still from the matches i've watched this season.

Yeah the standard has been very poor from the few games I've seen this season.
    I'd say most teams would be lower level Championship at the very best.

Keano had a great game. Said in his interview that he was tired from all the travelling midweek, but still managed to score a perfectly good goal which was disallowed, and set up Donovan for the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Delighted for Keane. I think it's the best place for him right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The few matches I've seen it's like the ball is really elastic, it just seems to bounce oddly on the ground and I find it hard to believe anyone getting paid to play football could have such a bad first touch, never mind 90% of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

The big question is though what does he do between now and the start of the next MLS season. Last season it began mid March so I guess its the same this year. Maybe taking 4 months off and playing MLS for a month and a half before the Euros will suit us. I presume they will have a pre season from Feb maybe.

Probably nothing in it for us if he playing championship or lower prem on loan for 4 months.

Great week for Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

jaykay74 wrote: »
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Probably nothing in it for us if he playing championship or lower prem on loan for 4 months.

Keano going to the Championship with someone like West Ham and banging in a few goals will do him no harm before the Euro's

He'd have know probs getting a Prem or Championship loan if he wants.

Should probably take small but time out if he's still carrying before committing to anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lucky with the nutmeg attempt, perfect ball in though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Here's decent highlights if you want them. Looked like a bit of a snooze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Dotrel wrote: »
    Here's decent highlights if you want them. Looked like a bit of a snooze

Watched the first half it was dire so didn't bother with 2nd half until this morning.
    Keane played ok im sure he is disappointed he didn't score but he made up for that with a nice assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Soups123 wrote: »
    Keano going to the Championship with someone like West Ham and banging in a few goals will do him no harm before the Euro's

Should probably take small but time out if he's still carrying before committing to anything

I don't think West Ham would have him back, whatever you think of him, he was dire for them the last time he played for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'd love to see Keane go to Wolves or West Brom on loan during the MLS break. Both teams are in need of goals, and would pair him with either Long or Doyle which would be great practice for the international team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A loan move back to England would have no benefit for Keane. He will be better off having a break for a few months, then getting back into pre-season in the Spring. After a couple of months banging in a few goals for the Galaxy he will hopefully hit the Euros with a perfect combination of freshness, form, fitness and confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

QS9UR.png

Corholio wrote: »

This is true. The quality is certainly lacking.

I live in Seattle where the "Sounders" have been breaking all kinds of attendance records, so the enthusiasm is certainly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

When's the movie out?

dooferoaks wrote: »

I don't think West Ham would have him back, whatever you think of him, he was dire for them the last time he played for them.

Doubt big al would see it like that, he'd take Keane any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Big Al as in the burger manufacturer? or Big Sam as in the West Ham Manager?

dooferoaks wrote: »

Big Al as in the burger manufacturer? or Big Sam as in the West Ham Manager?

Big Sam eats plenty of them big Als, tomato tomato:)

Ha ha big Al knew it looked weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Two penalty goals for Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Is it 2001? They're practically jizzing in their pants about Beckham there.

• Advertisement

Is it 2001? They're practically jizzing in their pants about Beckham there.

This was his last season with LA. He's off back to europe now.

It has to be said his presence did a lot to further the growth of football in the usa. Which is no bad thing. At least we get most of the epl and uefa matches on tv now. (i'm in seattle).

And given the fact that he's practically retired, he fit in with the low standard thats still in us soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

InTheTrees wrote: »
    This was his last season with LA. He's off back to europe now.

It has to be said his presence did a lot to further the growth of football in the usa. Which is no bad thing. At least we get most of the epl and uefa matches on tv now. (i'm in seattle).

And given the fact that he's practically retired, he fit in with the low standard thats still in us soccer.

Yeah but that was Australian coverage. They hero worship him down under.

I was living in NZ in 2007/2008 and Beckham's LA Galaxy came to town to play the Wellington Phonenix. The level of forelock tugging was embarrassing. There was picture on the news of him getting off the airplane and then coverage of him training. Then they had live coverage of the match itself. People who hadn't a clue about football were referring to him as the best player in the world and what an honour it was that he came there.

Around the same period the All Whites were playing world cup qualifiers. These games weren't even shown on television! Priorities all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Dotrel wrote: »
    Two penalty goals for Keane

2 well taken penalties. Good practise in case we need him to get one to beat Spain, or to win us a shootout in qfs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Never mind the penos show us more of that interviewer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Around the same period the All Whites were playing world cup qualifiers. These games weren't even shown on television! Priorities all wrong.

Given that time period, NZ's WCQs would have been the foregone conclusions against the likes of Tonga and Fiji. I'd guess that the games in the intercontinental playoffs would be televised?

Stevecw wrote: »
    2 well taken penalties. Good practise in case we need him to get one to beat Spain, or to win us a shootout in qfs!!

I cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Scored an equaliser for Villa today and scored a wonder goal just now to put them 3-2 up.

Blatter wrote: »
    Scored an equaliser for Villa today and scored a wonder goal just now to put them 3-2 up.

Winner here -
    http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Robbie-Keane-scores-winner-goal-for-Aston-Villa-Vs-Wolves-Premier-League-2011/tabid/317/articleID/240181/Default.aspx

Great to see him score 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Love the fact that he has already scored as many goals as kevin doyle this season. #overrated :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Love the fact that he has already scored as many goals as kevin doyle this season. #overrated :pac:
    I bet there is a tonne of players he's scored as many/ more than this season now already Torres, Carroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

"Robbie Keane welcome to Hollywood Wolverhampton!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement