Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withered foliage on west(ish) side of trees

Options
  • 12-08-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

I hope this isn't a ridiculously obvious question coming from someone ignorant in gardening but, I noticed in the beginning of the summer that the leaves on trees have have been withered and dead. It seems to be specifically the leaves on the west-facing (ish!) side so I was thinking it might be something in the wind? I'm in Mayo but I've seen this down in Galway too so it's not just my local area. Sorry if this is stupid but I keep noticing this and I'm fierce curious!!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Here's a thread from earlier this year which dealt with this subject:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72453871

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

Cygnus wrote: »
    I hope this isn't a ridiculously obvious question coming from someone ignorant in gardening but, I noticed in the beginning of the summer that the leaves on trees have have been withered and dead. It seems to be specifically the leaves on the west-facing (ish!) side so I was thinking it might be something in the wind? I'm in Mayo but I've seen this down in Galway too so it's not just my local area. Sorry if this is stupid but I keep noticing this and I'm fierce curious!!:cool:
    Your question has been answered in the other post, but i would like to say one thing, a novice gardener is just an expert in the making, by making a start you are already on the right path and you'll be hooked in no time.Also there is no such thing as a stupid question, every gardener learns something new every day and cant know everything now. so if your like me and love gardening, a little ignorance, as they say can be bliss..best of luck.

Advertisement