Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should toddlers drink lucozade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You will also find that eating apples oranges and other fruits have the same effect!

The sugar in drinks sticks more however. I have never had that feeling of a film on my teeth after an apple or an orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Lucozade is not recommended for young children. It's an energy drink, not just a soft drink. It is designed to give quick bursts of energy to adults. It contains far too much glucose for a toddler.

If you want something sweet for your kids to drink, something like Ribena is a better chioce. Hell, even Coca-Cola is a better choice than Lucozade.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Supermummy

i would not give my children it, but its your own choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Lisha wrote: »
    should toddlers drink lucozade

100% NO, its the worst thing you could give a toddler!!! > Its full of sugar which is sure to rot a childs milk teeth, its also guaranteed to make your toddler hyper due to the massive glucose burst, so I would say never give your toddler Lucozade, or any fizzy drink for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

I have a 5 year and a 7 year old who have never had lucozade or coke. My sister, who is a dentist, gave me advice when they were babies to never give them anything to drink except milk or water ( including no juice) until they asked for something else. So this summer for the first time they asked for orangina as they could see their cousins with it and I gave them some. But we don't give them any fizzy drinks unless we are out and other kids are having it and they feel left out. Never was an issue, they never asked for it and we never offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It is really bad as it's got loads of sugar and cane but it's also son fizzy drinks such as cola n Pepsi has a aspaine in which is unhealthy n dangerous n the label says no under 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement