Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mountain bike help

• 12-08-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

just looking for any tips or advice on buying a hardtrail mountain bike for around e500 thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭redzone

I'm not really in a position to give advice as I'm not into Mtb all that long.

However I would suggest that maybe you do a small bit of research as in have a look around the shops or at some secondhand bikes for sale online. Then ask advice on the particular models that you would consider in your budget. I'm sure the guys and girls on here will be happy to assist you with their knowledge then. Hope this helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 recentlybigl

My friend got a nice custom built (in store) mountain bike in halfords for around 400. theyre worth checkin out. good value :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Second hand, I know the trails in Ballyhoura sell their old bikes for a bit over €500 and they'd be looked after.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

You will not get a decent new mountain bike for €500 so you will have to but 2nd hand! Given that you're new to the game you would probably be best to buy from a shop or someone that you trust! A new bike for €500 from Halfords or anywhere else will be a nightmare to ride off road! A decent fork and hydraulic brakes are a minimum requirement!

Advertisement