Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Hotel - parents & 2 kids?

• 12-08-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Howya,

I am traveling from Galway to Waterford for a mini break with my missus and 2 kids (aged 4 and 6). Any recommendations on a good hotel? The hotel doesn't have to be centrally located but a pool would be a bonus. Maybe 4*?

I haven't been to Waterford for many years so I am looking forward to it.

(The last time I was there was for a Waterford United v Galway United FAI Cup game that was abandoned in the first half because the weather was woeful. What year was that? )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Howya,

I am traveling from Galway to Waterford for a mini break with my missus and 2 kids (aged 4 and 6). Any recommendations on a good hotel? The hotel doesn't have to be centrally located but a pool would be a bonus. Maybe 4*?

I haven't been to Waterford for many years so I am looking forward to it.

(The last time I was there was for a Waterford United v Galway United FAI Cup game that was abandoned in the first half because the weather was woeful. What year was that? )

Treacy's Hotel down on the Quay would be a good bet for you because they have a kids club and a pool. I'm a member of the leisure centre down there myself, do some family deals throughout the summer too, 051-877222 is the number. Enjoy your time down here in Waterford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

The Woodlands Hotel on the Dunmore Road is another option and has plenty of free onsite parking and is very family focused.

http://www.woodlandshotel.ie/

It's also close to City Limits/LeisureZone and Jack Meade's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Faithlegg would be the only 4* hotel with a pool. It's located about a 10 minute drive away from Waterford. They have a brand new play area and kids club and all that jazz this year too.

The Tower Hotel would be other hotel with a pool and kids club.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Granville Hotel is a nice spot and I believe Fitzwilton is good also. Both four star hotels. If ya wanna splash out and go completely wild, try the Waterford Castle Hotel! Faithlegg is a bit to far out imo, you have to drive to/from the hotel.

The other hotels are three star; Dooleys, Tower, and Treacy's all in the city center. Few others a bit outside the city center such as the Ramada on the Cork Road.

Advertisement