Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where/How to Meet a Man in Clare

• 12-08-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

apologies if this is not in the right place.... so here i go my good friend seems to have no luck with men. She want me to help her find a man who wont walk all over her, someone who she can have a drink and a giggle with. so guys my question is where do i start with my quest??? Where can i find a good clare man in his early thirties that is willing to treat a girl like a princess??? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is a difficult one, there are lots of great Clare men out there but I didn't marry one of them (Mr. D isn't from Clare) so I'm not sure how to advise you. I think if you are looking to meet men in general, you need to be where men hang out - matches - GAA, Rugby, Soccer etc and the races can be a good place to meet men too. Lot of my friends have met their partners through work or through friends. Funny enough weddings can be great places to meet prospective partners too. I wish your friend the best of luck in her quest for a Clare man. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cookie82 wrote: »
    so here i go my good friend seems to have no luck with men. She want me to help her find a man who wont walk all over her, someone who she can have a drink and a giggle with.

Your friend, eh?

"Picturesque Arklow" unless you're a Clare man in exile you're out :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

i guess i shouldnt have put clare man but it would be convenient if he was close by!!! she is finding it very intimidating to go out looking to meet someone. its even harder when everyone in her close circle is married with kids like me. i really want her to meet someone we all need someone. thanks for you comment

Your friend, eh?

yes i promise its about my friend as i am married with kids. maybe if my hubby gets sense and gives me the boot..... cant see that happening any time soon as he needs clean clothes for work!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm afraid the top Clareman here is married :D

Clareman wrote: »

awww darn it.

she wont let me write into ray darcy but yet ske keeps asking why cant i meet someone.

Clareman - you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooo modest and that's why we like you!

PS: I want to dedicate my 3000th post to my many great friends here on Boards :)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Clareman - you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooo modest and that's why we like you!

PS: I want to dedicate my 3000th post to my many great friends here on Boards :)

the world needs more men like clareman

Cookie82, did you marry a Clare man as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know it's easy as a married person to say, but I always reckon the reason most single people can't meet anyone is cause they are too hell bent on finding a wife/husband rather than a friend.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess the best way to go about meeting someone would be to go somewhere where the opposite sex would be. The meat market that is the pub scene isn't always for everyone, a few of my friends met up at tag rugby, seems to be a good thing. Also, Clare Crusaders are always organising walks/events and they are a really good cause, could join up with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Well what are her interests?
    what type of music does she like?
    And most importantly, is she hot?

No work would get done if there was more people like me, if I amn't playing sport or video games chances are I'm on a laptop or watching TV.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Cookie82, did you marry a Clare man as a matter of interest?

i sure did met him in the shannon knights!! im a home bird at heart ill never roam too far

I know it's easy as a married person to say, but I always reckon the reason most single people can't meet anyone is cause they are too hell bent on finding a wife/husband rather than a friend.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess the best way to go about meeting someone would be to go somewhere where the opposite sex would be. The meat market that is the pub scene isn't always for everyone, a few of my friends met up at tag rugby, seems to be a good thing. Also, Clare Crusaders are always organising walks/events and they are a really good cause, could join up with them.

i have said the exact same thing to her but she just keeps comparing herself to me who met my hubby when i was 20 have kids and am 5 years younger than her. i was lucky not everyone is but she doesnt understand that.

If I was single and I wanted to date you pappyodaniel I'd say:

- Interests - photography and exploring hidden parts of Clare
    - Music - real music not X factor sh1te
    - Hot - sizzling ;):cool:

Social media is taking over the world, tell her to try online dating then :)

interests: cinema, having a drink, going for a meal, she would be fairly sporty but girly at the same time.
    music: she will listen to anything except heavy heavy metal the kind that just screams the music
    Hot: imo she is very pretty dark features dark long hair takes care of her appearance & always makes an effort to look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

apologies if this is not in the right place.... so here i go my good friend seems to have no luck with men. She want me to help her find a man who wont walk all over her, someone who she can have a drink and a giggle with. so guys my question is where do i start with my quest??? Where can i find a good clare man in his early thirties that is willing to treat a girl like a princess??? :D

I'm going to come across of judgmental here! What does she expect for you to hold her hand in her search for the man of her dreams, her poor choices in men have been her choice she herself needs to recognized there there is some fault on her part!

Already you've decided that he needs to be a ''good Clare Man'' that he needs to be in his ''early thirties'' and as for treating ''a girl like a princess'' so it irks me that the assumption is there (not everyone from Clare is originally from Clare you know do you not think your curbing her chances like? There are perfectly other ''good men'' out there that are from ohhh lets say ''Limerick'')

Maybe you should advertise

wanted: Good Clare Man in his early thirties to hook up with Good Clare women who will treat him like a ''prince'' (TUNNEL VISION will get you no where)

Tell your friend to go out there online dating, socializing, have some independence from her friends join clubs, go boating whatever also tell her that her friends making the choices or ''helping'' her find her dream man will end in tears! let her figure it out for herself, encourage her to change and make better decisions!! Tell her to stop hanging out with people that think they know what a ''good man'' is... It mightn't make him any good for her!

Social media is taking over the world, tell her to try online dating then :)

tried it shes refusing to let me do it. and if she finds out i did this ill prob be murdered too!!! its a case of all the good men are taken or gay!

• Advertisement

nicechick! wrote: »
    I'm going to come across of judgmental here! What does she expect for you to hold her hand in her search for the man of her dreams, her poor choices in men have been her choice she herself needs to recognized there there is some fault on her part!

Already you've decided that he needs to be a ''good Clare Man'' that he needs to be in his ''early thirties'' and as for treating ''a girl like a princess'' so it irks me that the assumption is there (not everyone from Clare is originally from Clare you know do you not think your curbing her chances like? There are perfectly other ''good men'' out there that are from ohhh lets say ''Limerick'')

wanted: Good Clare Man in his early thirties to hook up with Good Clare women who will treat him like a ''prince'' (TUNNEL VISION will get you no where)

Tell your friend to go out there online dating, socializing, have some independence from her friends join clubs, go boating whatever also tell her that her friends making the choices or ''helping'' her find her dream man will end in tears! let her figure it out for herself, encourage her to change and make better decisions!! Tell her to stop hanging out with people that think they know what a ''good man'' is... It mightn't make him any good for her!
    To be fair, I think Cookie 82 is just being a good friend and she probably only mentioned "Clareman" so our Mod (Clareman) wouldn't move it from the Clare forum. It is nice that Cookie 82 cares so much about her friend :)

I'm viewing the ops request as a way to meet a man in Clare, hence the fact I'm leaving the thread here. Also, it's Friday evening, lets be nice to each other and try not to be judgemental or backseat mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I found in Clare finally a Corkman :D. Never looked back.:p

Seriously, I don't believe that you can force love. (You, that means your friend)
    You'll never meet someone suitable when desperate. It happens usually when you least expect it.

Your friend could go out to places of her interest to at least make sure to meet people with the same interests, like join classes or whatnot. If she has no particular interests, the local pub is always a good place, though not always for keeps.

Sports isn't exactly a place to meet the one and only. At a match it's a man's world. Unless you strip between the goal posts no-one will look...

If men "walked all over her" so far she should check her own attitude. Maybe her desperation to meet someone pushed potential candidates away?

nicechick! wrote: »

as im only trying to help her out i guess the way i worded it wasn't great but look what can a girl do, i put clare man because im putting it in the clare forum & i wouldnt be fantastic at boards just yet.

i would only love her to meet someone regardless of geographical positioning that she could love and him to love her back not tunnel vision just what it is.

Thanks for your comments though.

Apologies if iv upset anyone by putting this in the clare forum or offended anyone by putting down a good clare man no offense intended.

MAN REQUIRED all posts read

I changed the thread title to be a bit better, lots of pedantic folks out there and knowing my luck someone would use it as an example of shoddy modding :)

Don't worry about upsetting other folks, just worry about upsetting the mods :)

Apologies if iv upset anyone by putting this in the clare forum or offended anyone by putting down a good clare man no offense intended.

MAN REQUIRED all posts read
    No apology needed Cookie 82, as I said before I didn't marry a Clare man myself but I know lots of fantastic Clare men so I think your post is grand :)

Back on topic. Besides the normal pub/wedding scene way of meeting people, try to get something with a social scene to it, tag rugby is great because there's men and women that play it and there's a great social scene afterwards. Drama clubs are usually good ways as well.

If I was to give advice on how to meet someone of the other sex, don't be needey, don't be looking for a hookup/date/relationship/marriage/kids just look for a friend

And btw Cookie, if someone has a problem with a post, they can use the report post function, which I can say no-one has done to any posts in this thread

• Advertisement

Carry wrote: »
    I found in Clare finally a Corkman :D. Never looked back.:p

Seriously, I don't believe that you can force love. (You, that means your friend)
    You'll never meet someone suitable when desperate. It happens usually when you least expect it.

Your friend could go out to places of her interest to at least make sure to meet people with the same interests, like join classes or whatnot. If she has no particular interests, the local pub is always a good place, though not always for keeps.

Sports isn't exactly a place to meet the one and o nly. At a match it's a man's world. Unless you strip between the goal posts no-one will look...

If men "walked all over her" so far she should check her own attitude. Maybe her desperation to meet someone pushed potential candidates away?

I know exactly what your saying and iv said that she needs to forget about meeting the ONE and what will be will be. But then im 29 married with kids telling her be patient. All i want is her to meet a nice guy nothing more or less im hoping and praying he comes along. As for pushing men away in the past i dont know but iv a feeling your onto something

Advertisement