Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where/How to Meet a Man in Clare

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clareman wrote: »
    If I was to give advice on how to meet someone of the other sex, don't be needey, don't be looking for a hookup/date/relationship/marriage/kids just look for a friend
    I agree with this. My husband said the thing that attracted him to me was I was very independent, feisty and it drove him mad that I didn't always agree with him. Opposites attract I think ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

I changed the thread title to be a bit better, lots of pedantic folks out there and knowing my luck someone would use it as an example of shoddy modding :)

Don't worry about upsetting other folks, just worry about upsetting the mods :)

thank you it was badly titled

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I guess it's very easy to give advice to a 34 years old on how to meet someone, it's very difficult for them to follow the advice in the real world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Back on topic. Besides the normal pub/wedding scene way of meeting people, try to get something with a social scene to it, tag rugby is great because there's men and women that play it and there's a great social scene afterwards. Drama clubs are usually good ways as well.

If I was to give advice on how to meet someone of the other sex, don't be needey, don't be looking for a hookup/date/relationship/marriage/kids just look for a friend

+1 on that ..... and would also suggest that being available in daylight to meet people in various places is an advantage .... whether walking, talking or otherwise visiting places of beauty and interest.
    Probably just showing my age ... :D ... but as I remember pubs and clubs were rarely used to meet a long-term friend/mate.
    Evening classes can be a great place also ..... as you start off with at least one interest in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

cookie82 wrote: »
    as im only trying to help her out i guess the way i worded it wasn't great but look what can a girl do, i put clare man because im putting it in the clare forum & i wouldnt be fantastic at boards just yet.

i would only love her to meet someone regardless of geographical positioning that she could love and him to love her back not tunnel vision just what it is.

Thanks for your comments though.

my apologies also it was very judgmental and your a good friend, it is absolutely without a doubt very encouraging that you would like to see your friend in a happy romantic relationship but I suppose, To be honest the reason I jumped down your throat was I see women obsessed with hooking there friends up constantly interfering in there life's, opinionated and often not actually considering there friends

My advice: Let your friend figure it out for herself no matter how good your intentions are she needs to do this on her own suggest/encourage always

Try not to hang out with the so brilliant friends I know I for one will not mix well socially when I'm out with my best buddies, we're in good company & enjoying ourselves so less likely to be open to flirts

Would anyone consider a mini meet in Clare choose a pub/coffee shop where people could just met up hang out? Have a beer/coffee low key no pressure members from boards even meeting up, not necessarily with the intention of making it a singles event so to speak

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I must be the exception to the rule so, I met my wife in a late bar :)

problem is she would really like me to be there holding her hand when she goes on the hunt for this man but my hubby isnt too happy with the idea of me out on a man hunt with a hot blooded woman!!!! that and i have responsibilities that mean i cant go out every time she feels the need. Trying to be a good friend puts you in an awkward position sometimes.

A Clare beers event you mean, I'm sure we could look into it

nicechick! wrote: »
    my apologies also it was very judgmental and your a good friend, it is absolutely without a doubt very encouraging that you would like to see your friend in a happy romantic relationship but I suppose, To be honest the reason I jumped down your throat was I see women obsessed with hooking there friends up constantly interfering in there life's, opinionated and often not actually considering there friends

My advice: Let your friend figure it out for herself no matter how good your intentions are she needs to do this on her own suggest/encourage always

Try not to hang out with the so brilliant friends I know I for one will not mix well socially when I'm out with my best buddies, we're in good company & enjoying ourselves so less likely to be open to flirts

Would anyone consider a mini meet in Clare choose a pub/coffee shop where people could just met up hang out? Have a beer/coffee low key no pressure members from boards even meeting up, not necessarily with the intention of making it a singles event so to speak

I never match people up this is a first for me. i met my hubby all by myself but as i said i was lucky. i have a fear of helping coz if it goes pear shaped i will feel guilty but when i see my best friend at her wits end its hard to not help. i genuinely cant understand why she is single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

A Clare beers event you mean, I'm sure we could look into it

How about a table quiz night somewhere? The Limerick one is pretty popular. Maybe move it around from time to time. Ennis/Shannon/Bunratty for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I agree with this. My husband said the thing that attracted him to me was I was very independent, feisty and it drove him mad that I didn't always agree with him. Opposites attract I think ;):)

Exactly! Individual independence and personality is the key word. :D
    Though I don't believe in opposites. It's the things you have in common and still can argue about (or rather discuss) which makes a good friendship and deep love.

I met in my life a few men who were desperate for a relationship and suffocated me with their eagerness to please. I always ran.
    It's probably the same for men.

How about a table quiz night somewhere? The Limerick one is pretty popular. Maybe move it around from time to time. Ennis/Shannon/Bunratty for example.

i like it.... i wouldnt be the sharpest pencil in the case but how bad!!

I met in my life a few men who were desperate for a relationship and suffocated me with their eagerness to please. I always ran.
    It's probably the same for men.[/QUOTE]

thats actually a very good point because she always walks on egg shells when she meets a guy so as not to out a hair out of place.

cookie82 wrote: »
    problem is she would really like me to be there holding her hand when she goes on the hunt for this man but my hubby isnt too happy with the idea of me out on a man hunt with a hot blooded woman!!!! that and i have responsibilities that mean i cant go out every time she feels the need. Trying to be a good friend puts you in an awkward position sometimes.

The pressure! Spread the friendship possibly get someone of the other girls to meet her for social gatherings I'm sure you each of a hobbies or interest separate to each other that you could try and involve her in, I still think she really needs to do this on her own but whose to say she won't find something of interest and stick with it eventually making new friends

aww man I love it.. I am useless at quiz's I'm the chick that'll think of the answer when its to late!! No one would want me on there team!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jaysus pappyodaniel, Ennis, Limerick & Bunratty, What about us boardsies in South East Clare (Killaloe)? I suppose I will have to hook with the Tipp lads instead :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

OK i Will settle this::: There is only one place!!!!

The matchmaking in Lisdoonvarna!!!!! Starting next month! Thats the job!

Guaranteed to find a man, now he might be 'slighty' older but a hardworking farming man!!!

Im single myself and might head up for the craic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The sherwood at the mart...
    Seriously though, i would say late bars are best option. Many a girlfriend i met in knoxes. The future mrs knight, i met in o hallorans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

If she is anyway fit tell her to join a hillwalking club. It can be a good way to meet people. Or even an ordinary walking club maybe. Generally any sort of events, classes, etc. that there is a group of mixed people at, is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I met my OH in El Paso while I was waiting for my date (someone else entirely) to turn up!!!

I think fellas can sniff desperation so the OP's friend needs to relax and start hanging out in locations where she can make new friends first and take it from there

We REALLY should have a clare boards meet though! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Stop looking.

Met my hubby in a pub in Bray, Wicklow. I was with a group of my friends it was my round went up to the bar. Waited to be served to kill time a guy (now hubby) started talking to me. No there were no cheesy chat up lines he gave me his landline no, not mobile. I said where is 061 (I'm from Wicklow). Now I have moved down to Clare. Have fun go out and relax.

Advertisement