Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xperia Arc problem

• 12-08-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just got a SIM free xperia arc through my phone insurance. I cannot get it to connect to the O2 3G network. I've rang O2 & they have no settings on file for the arc, I've tried some of the suggestions I've seen here on boards but the problem seems to be with the APN. The APN list is always empty eben after I enter settings & save them :confused:

Any help would be great, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

logon to O2 web site,my account,phone settings ...try sending the 3G settings from there,over the air !

or do it manually,just google o2 3g settings...

also,walk in any O2 stores and ask one of their so called "guru" !
    i have a SE Arc myself,working fine on O2 3G so there is nothing wrong with device itself !

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

3 days later an I'm still trying to get this going :mad:

O2 say its a handset problem, some stuff I've seen on the web would suggest its a problem with the latest update for the arc, anyone else run an update recentky and experience this?

Well I reckon I've got it sorted. Found a thread on the SE forum about the Arc that said you need to turn off the PIN unlock for the SIM card. As soon as I did that and rebooted the phone up popped the O2 APN in the list without me having to input it.

Not 100% happy about having no PIN code on the SIM card now but its a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

antomagoo wrote: »
    ...I've rang O2 & they have no settings on file for the arc...

That must be a bit of a problem considering O2 sell the arc in their shops.

You should get onto the O2 reps on boards, under biz, talk to etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

antomagoo wrote: »
    Well I reckon I've got it sorted. Found a thread on the SE forum about the Arc that said you need to turn off the PIN unlock for the SIM card. As soon as I did that and rebooted the phone up popped the O2 APN in the list without me having to input it.

Not 100% happy about having no PIN code on the SIM card now but its a solution.

Can you use APN backup from the market, backup your APN set your pin lock and then restore the APN or will it still keep dissappearing ?

link.

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    Can you use APN backup from the market, backup your APN set your pin lock and then restore the APN or will it still keep dissappearing ?

link.

I'll give that a try later thanks

BostonB wrote: »
    That must be a bit of a problem considering O2 sell the arc in their shops.

You should get onto the O2 reps on boards, under biz, talk to etc.

I did get settings from one of their staff on the O2 forum, but it is strange that the person I spoke to on the phone couldnt find settings on file and they dont appear to be on the O2 webiste either

Advertisement