Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does it mean if anything?

Options
  • 12-08-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    If you go for a reading and they ask you about someone by name and then move on without saying any more about that person is this bad?? Hope this makes sense!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Bad practice on the part of the reader perhaps, but probably nothing wrong with you or the situation. A lot probably depended on your response as well, my type of reading very seldom is the sort that asks about names; but if I did get an impression (and once in a great while that happens) I might say "is someone named Mark important to you?"

"If the client says yes, actually he's the boyfriend I was asking about in this reading?" I would say something like

"Wow, that's really neat and this reading must be really important to you!"

In that case I'd probably figure I picked it up from my client's seriously deep thoughts and desires on the subject.

On the other hand if she said,

"That was my grandfather's name and I've always felt he was watching over me."

I would probably say something like, "Then I suspect your Grandfather really wants you to pay attention to these particular cards and may even have helped you choose the ones he wanted you to see."

But to say nothing at all, even if it turns out you know no one named "Mark" is bad practice in my book. If the name meant nothing to you, I would just suggest you keep a look out for men with that name in your life because it might be something important or I might have caught something totally unrelated to the reading.

Just some thoughts,

Melodi in the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Because it's a load of bull......they'll throw names, leading questions, comments out in the hope they see a reaction from you that they can work with. All they are are good at reading body language. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭miss dakota

Hi,
    If you go for a reading and they ask you about someone by name and then move on without saying any more about that person is this bad?? Hope this makes sense!!
    I understand what you mean, when i went to carol byrne she did mention my gran and great grans names, but the messages were a little mundane like they will always be with you, i suppose i would have liked a more specific message from them, but at the same time i was happy they came through. in saying that she mentioned a friend of mine in spirits name and she said he wanted to thank me for the kiss, now i never kissed him as we were only ever friends and he was happily married, but the day of the funeral i kissed a booklet with his name on it, so the message totally made sense and i felt a bit emotional when that message came through.. i suppose its strange some messages from spirit are just a namesake and other messages for example on the john edward shows he will come through with aunts uncles exes pets just for one person and i think thats great. i wonder does he have a deeper level of mediumship to receive such real and startling messages.i suppose i have been to two good ones but ive yet to be really wowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bridetobeone

Thanks for all the comments, the names he mentioned are in the present, he just threw the names and said no more about them!!"is there a phoeby" in family and didn't say anymore I was just a little worried that it meant something bad!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks for all the comments, the names he mentioned are in the present, he just threw the names and said no more about them!!"is there a phoeby" in family and didn't say anymore I was just a little worried that it meant something bad!!
    He was a bad reader. Thats called scattergun reading, throwing out random names or snippets with no reason or flow to it. It may be accurate, but its pretty well useless to a client.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

The reader might be in-confident about his/her reading to leave the topic under carpet. If there was something serious related with the concerned person the reader should have continued mentioning about it any thing she read during her readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Melodi wrote: »
    Bad practice on the part of the reader perhaps, but probably nothing wrong with you or the situation. A lot probably depended on your response as well, my type of reading very seldom is the sort that asks about names; but if I did get an impression (and once in a great while that happens) I might say "is someone named Mark important to you?"

"If the client says yes, actually he's the boyfriend I was asking about in this reading?" I would say something like

"Wow, that's really neat and this reading must be really important to you!"

In that case I'd probably figure I picked it up from my client's seriously deep thoughts and desires on the subject.

On the other hand if she said,

"That was my grandfather's name and I've always felt he was watching over me."

I would probably say something like, "Then I suspect your Grandfather really wants you to pay attention to these particular cards and may even have helped you choose the ones he wanted you to see."

But to say nothing at all, even if it turns out you know no one named "Mark" is bad practice in my book. If the name meant nothing to you, I would just suggest you keep a look out for men with that name in your life because it might be something important or I might have caught something totally unrelated to the reading.

Just some thoughts,

Melodi in the Midlands
    What you describe as your 'method' has very strong overtones of cold reading. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Ziycon wrote: »
    What you describe as your 'method' has very strong overtones of cold reading. :confused:

It could be, if that's all I did and it was my usual practice, but I normally just read cards and don't get "names" at all. Quite often I do get "flashes" especially based on the cards, I was reading for some one the other day and the Sage card came up and I asked if their grandparent was an important figure in their lives and it turned out he was the key to the entire reading (and he was still alive).

I've masked the details to protect client confidentiality here, but that's an example of what I was talking about. I almost never get names from the cards, more often it is relationships (the Sage card is more often a Teacher, Mentor or symbol for Wisdom than a Grandparent, but just had a "flash" that it was Grandpa in that particular reading).

So, if I did "flash" on a name, during a card reading, I would simply ask about it because I've learned over the years that such information can be important. But it isn't my main focus in anyway, if it was, then yes such limited comments would not be very useful.

They can however be very useful in the context of a larger and more focused reading.

Hope that helps,
    Melodi in the Midlands

Advertisement