Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT TO DO???? NEED SOME SERIOUS ADVICE.

Options
  • 12-08-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hey me and my girlfriend need advice. she's missed her period by 4 weeks and has all the symptoms of being pregnant. we are 21 and 23 and we don't know what to do nor how our parents will react if we tell them. we are going out for about 7-8 months and are both having sleepless nights over this. we are afraid we'll both be kicked out of our own houses. we both work, she works weekends i work monday to friday but don't know for how long it'll last.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The first thing ye need to do is bite the bullet and take a pregnancy test (well she needs to take it). If her period is 4 weeks late and she is pregnant, there should be enough hormone in her urine for a home test kit to detect. Wait and see if she is pregnant first then worry about telling the parents. Also check out http://www.positiveoptions.ie for help and support. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

She needs to take a pregnancy test 1st then start worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Without a pregnancy test you cant know for sure if she's pregnant or not.

4 weeks of sleepless nights? Do the test first thing tomorrow morning and stop torturing yourselves.

Then there's 2 possibilities

A: she's not in fact pregnant, all the worrying may have delayed her period.
    B: She is pregnant and you two are going to have to sit down and rationally discuss your options. No hysteria, no drama, facts and how you will face stuff in the future together as parents or not as the case may be.

There are lots of support structures in place for people in your situation. You will not be the first couple to go through this and survive. So relax, breathe. Do the test and then from there you can start to draw a plan of action up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyeyes

I totally agree with above posters... bite the bullet and do a test. Then get her GP to confirm the pregnancy (if she is pregnant). Please don't panic as I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason!

If your partner is pregnant, sit down and work out a plan of action and get your own heads around it first before ye sit down to talk with your respective families!

I wish you both well..... xx:)

Advertisement