Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipping heads up.

• 12-08-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Went over to the big pet store beside Tesco clearwater in Finglas this morning and they told me that they are doing dog chipping for 12 euro from 12 o clock till 4 pm on Sunday. Seems like a good deal to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's MaxiZoo and DSPCA doing it. I wonder thou if you still need to pay the €7.50 and register with Pet Trace?

http://www.dspca.ie/cat_news_detail.jsp?itemID=2112
    Monday August 08, 2011

The Dublin SPCA are delighted to play a part in keeping families and their pets united while supporting the work we do for less fortunate animals.

As part of our nationwide campaign of promoting responsible pet ownership,The Dublin SPCA in association with Maxi Zoo Pet Stores will be offering microchipping at the significantly reduced rate of just €12

Locations,dates and times below.

* Maxi Zoo Finglas 13th August 12pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Tallaght 27th August 12pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Ballincollig 9th September 11pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Douglas 10th September 11pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Middelton 24th September 11pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Limerick 25th September 11pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Longford 8th October 12pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Maynooth 22nd October 12pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Naas 23rd October 12pm to 4pm

* Maxi Zoo Bray 5th November 12pm to 4pm

All restricted breed dogs must wear a muzzle.

Microchipping will be FREE if people set up a direct debit to provide monthly support to the Dublin SPCA.

Each animal will have the chip implanted by a member of the Dublin SPCA veterinary team, the animals and owners details will be registered on the Pet Trace database and the owner will be provided with a unique identification disc for their animal to wear on their collar. The Pet Trace service is manned 24hours, 7 days per week.

We are delighted to run this microchipping event in conjunction with Maxi Zoo and have been thrilled with the response from our previous events in Bray, Tallaght & Naas, Ballincollig and Middleton.

Microchipping and responsible pet ownership habits are the best means of preventing your animal being lost or stolen. If you want to improve your pet’s chances of getting home, microchipping is your best option as it offers pet owners the only truly permanent method of identifying your pet and linking the animal back to you, the owner.

Pettrace Database has more than 19,000 registered animals, it is owned and managed by the Dublin SPCA, manned 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
    The Dublin SPCA offers a microchipping service to the public in our shelter from Monday to Friday by appointment at a low cost rate. Your details will automatically be entered into the PetTrace database as part of this service. Your Vet will also microchip your pet for you but will not be able to register your pet in PetTrace so you need to register your pet.

HOW CAN I REGISTER MY PET? To register with PetTrace, download the Registration form.

Once you have completed the form you can drop it into the shelter or post it to the Dublin SPCA. It costs €7.50 to register your pet with PetTrace. You can pay by cash, laser or credit card if you are dropping the form into the shelter. If you are going to post the form please include a cheque or postal order.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

I had my cats done with them in the Maxi Zoo in Midleton last year and they fill out the forms on the day and take them with you so you dont have to pay to register them. So it is 12euro only. Great deal, wish i'd known they were coming back as I would have held out- just got another cat microchipped two weeks ago:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That's fantastic! My vet does a deal where it's discounted to e35, so to get it for e12 is really amazing.
    Top marks maxizoo

Advertisement