Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

casuals questions

Options
  • 13-08-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

hi,
    as some of you might of seen ive been floating round the mk9 thread alot
    and from advice given to me im goin to travel up to xgc to try get some offline mk in with people but have few questions for ya all?

do i have do bring my console?
    (if not) what are the rates for renting?
    is there a maximum time u can rent?
    am i sure of the console of my choice for the game i bring?

thanks in advance
    :D ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's a gaming cafe and they have plenty of xboxs and PS3s upstairs. No need to bring anything but controller of choice and games of choice.

It's €2:50 an hour per console with a €20 deposit.

No maximum time but they close between 10 and 12 from my experience. Seems to depend on how busy they are.

Pretty much. I've never seen it busy enough that there hasn't been at one console of each type free. I remember at one of our first tournaments, there was a Call of Duty tournament on the same day and there was still consoles of each type available.

It's fairly straightforward tbh. Here's a small guide I did ages ago which will hopefully help a bit : http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2010/05/07/a-guide-to-offline-events/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Also, if you're the first person to get there, tell them you're with the street fighter lads.

(Even if you're not there to play Street Fighter specifically this'll let them know you're here with the fighting game crowd).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

If you see pikeys in wife beaters throwing shapes and punching lads in the ear don't be disheartened,Its just part of the atmosphere.

You are on the north side after all
    Big-joe-joyce.jpg

Also when you go upstairs don't stray over to the left to the COD side,unless you are 12 year old scum bag,your balls haven't dropped yet,you've white socks pulled up over your tracksuit and you are trying to grow a tash.. or you're Bush

Seriously though,Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

You're worrying too much. Just go with the flow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hound, the Ben Obi Wan Kenobi of Irish fighting games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Dunno, if i had a choice between going left to play some Cod or going right to watch 12 people go nuts over blazblue, i think i'm going left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

we send him to evo and this is how he repays us

SMALL___Blasphemy___Shelly.jpg

Advertisement