Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling eircom account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xiam

Hi oxygen_temp
    yes for security reasons you will definitely require your account number. If you have been with eircom for over a year there are no early cease charges, however it is better to call 1901 to arrange cease of account and cease of direct debit so that no further charges can be made against existing direct debit.
    If you PM me your tel number I can advise you on any possible charges.
    Tony
    Is the 200 pound deposit I paid on connection in 1986 refundable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

xiam wrote: »
    Is the 200 pound deposit I paid on connection in 1986 refundable?

Hi Xiam,

There may have been a connection fee at the time which is non refundable. As far as I have been made aware there was not a deposit process for customers back in 1986?

Do you have any account details for the account you set up at that time?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xiam

Hi Xiam,

There may have been a connection fee at the time which is non refundable. As far as I have been made aware there was not a deposit process for customers back in 1986?

Do you have any account details for the account you set up at that time?

Thanks, Mark
    No,I would presume that eircom would have copies of accounts,contracts entered into.If they have not how can they charge cancellation fees when they dont know the terms of the original contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

And I still waiting for news from Ant. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lukyman

hy just cancell the eircom i have to pay penalties for 145 euro plus about 50 euro forward bill from which i don't know cause im already back to vodavone more than a month plus VAT OF 2012 U SEE WHY I PREPARED TO PAY PENALTY THAN STAY WITH EIRCOM THIS SUPPOSE TO BE BIG COMPANY but they make people thinK that every body is STUPID .ii was with vodavone before so before i join eircom i check monthly usage i have with my broadband so i thought it will be ok but 1 st month with eircom 10Mb i already exceess the alowance and a lady call me they will increase my allowance if i sind up for a contrack (hahahahaha)again i'm stupid because they my not see my bill like NEVER BEFORE I MEANT NEVER only with eircom for 7 month and for the last time the most thing i regrret is i'am the last one out from eircom in my working place and in my family. because today went i call my sisster and tell them about this they only said two words ha ha ha ha hahahahaha. to every body please check and ask the detail before u sind up call allowance in vodavone for cheaper price is and on and off peak not just off peak and 200 minutes to call 2 vodavone mobile,take that to make call from eircom and ask how much to pay to call on peak. and if any representative heare i have one question why u doing buiessnes like that in 21st century?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I'm absolutely disgusted at Eircom. I've read so many threads and posts at their poor customer service and the amount of people that get billed for connection, disconnection and other services, before they're even provided.

My parents have recently tried to get their phone line activated, they're waiting >2 weeks and they've already got a bill for connection and line rental, before even getting a working phone-line. They're now trying to cancel it.
    We're also waiting for the contract of my OH's family to expire to move them off Eircom. My recommendation to anyone is not to go near them, unless you're in the unfortunate situation of needing them to provide you with a line - in which case it looks like they still have an anti-competitive monopoly.
    ...and always, read the fine print, get full names of people you talk to, get eveything in writing and don't sign anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 numinous

My experience with Eircom has not been satisfactory since 2007. I have now moved to UPC for phone and broadband. Even though UPC made a complete hash of my July 2011 application, their broadband service and customer service have been significantly better than Eircom's.

Ignore UPC's statement that applications are Internet only. Phone them after initially applying at their website.

Eircom.......I live in Clondalkin (since 2006) and used Eircom from that time as well as twice previously in other addresses in Dublin. Had phone/broadband package. Broadband speed was often so slow as to make Internet use either tortuous to effectively unusable, unless you wanted to spend one hour doing what it should take 7 minutes max to do online.

Twice requested replacement modems: Original modem supplied developed fault. Took three requests before a replacement was provided. When replacement modem developed a physical defect (no fault of mine) never received a replacement despite requesting same.

Finally switched to UPC in late October (yes it took that long) and despite phoning Eircom customer services after connection switch telling me my final bill would be zero (mysteriously no mention of 30 day notice needed or charge for failure of same) received a final bill for Euro 58.90.

Phoned customer services. Demanded to speak to supervisor, who was rude and argumentative and who didn't make any logical sense in defending initial zero bill advice and refused to provide a written confirmation of their stance defending final bill amount.

I cancelled direct debit and responded to subsequent demand f

or Euro 58.90 plus Euro 19 charge re direct debit, stating I wasn't going to pay until I received written response to my complaints (as above). Received letter threatening legal action within 10 days (letter arrived 5 days after date on letter) for Euro 58.90 (no direct debit mentioned).

I have still been unable to find any reference on www.eircom.ie confirming Euro 45 charge is appropriate for 30 day's notice not being provided.

Can someone advise where on www.eircom.ie fee is stated (or terms of calcualating it.)

I have been advised by a co-worker that transferring to another Irish phone / broadband provider does not incurr the 30 day minimum notice charge. Have I misunderstood the context of that in my case?

Another co-worker who switched from Eircom to UPC told me just to pay because reasoning with Eircom is hopeless and it's not worth the time or effort.

How many people are leaving Eircom due to it's shoddy customer services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Lukyman,

Let me know if I can still help you.

PM your phone or Account number and I will check you final bill details with our Customer Care department.

All the best,
    Ant
    lukyman wrote: »
    hy just cancell the eircom i have to pay penalties for 145 euro plus about 50 euro forward bill from which i don't know cause im already back to vodavone more than a month plus VAT OF 2012 U SEE WHY I PREPARED TO PAY PENALTY THAN STAY WITH EIRCOM THIS SUPPOSE TO BE BIG COMPANY but they make people thinK that every body is STUPID .ii was with vodavone before so before i join eircom i check monthly usage i have with my broadband so i thought it will be ok but 1 st month with eircom 10Mb i already exceess the alowance and a lady call me they will increase my allowance if i sind up for a contrack (hahahahaha)again i'm stupid because they my not see my bill like NEVER BEFORE I MEANT NEVER only with eircom for 7 month and for the last time the most thing i regrret is i'am the last one out from eircom in my working place and in my family. because today went i call my sisster and tell them about this they only said two words ha ha ha ha hahahahaha. to every body please check and ask the detail before u sind up call allowance in vodavone for cheaper price is and on and off peak not just off peak and 200 minutes to call 2 vodavone mobile,take that to make call from eircom and ask how much to pay to call on peak. and if any representative heare i have one question why u doing buiessnes like that in 21st century?

Gatica wrote: »
    I'm absolutely disgusted at Eircom. I've read so many threads and posts at their poor customer service and the amount of people that get billed for connection, disconnection and other services, before they're even provided.

My parents have recently tried to get their phone line activated, they're waiting >2 weeks and they've already got a bill for connection and line rental, before even getting a working phone-line. They're now trying to cancel it.
    We're also waiting for the contract of my OH's family to expire to move them off Eircom. My recommendation to anyone is not to go near them, unless you're in the unfortunate situation of needing them to provide you with a line - in which case it looks like they still have an anti-competitive monopoly.
    ...and always, read the fine print, get full names of people you talk to, get eveything in writing and don't sign anything!

Hi Gatica,

Thanks for your post.

If you need any assistance, please PM me with your, or your parents details, and I will look into this.

Cheers Ant

Hi numinous,

Please PM your home phone number, or previous eircom Account no. I will investigate this query with Customer Care and advise you further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

numinous wrote: »
    My experience with Eircom has not been satisfactory since 2007. I have now moved to UPC for phone and broadband. Even though UPC made a complete hash of my July 2011 application, their broadband service and customer service have been significantly better than Eircom's.

Ignore UPC's statement that applications are Internet only. Phone them after initially applying at their website.

Eircom.......I live in Clondalkin (since 2006) and used Eircom from that time as well as twice previously in other addresses in Dublin. Had phone/broadband package. Broadband speed was often so slow as to make Internet use either tortuous to effectively unusable, unless you wanted to spend one hour doing what it should take 7 minutes max to do online.

Twice requested replacement modems: Original modem supplied developed fault. Took three requests before a replacement was provided. When replacement modem developed a physical defect (no fault of mine) never received a replacement despite requesting same.

Finally switched to UPC in late October (yes it took that long) and despite phoning Eircom customer services after connection switch telling me my final bill would be zero (mysteriously no mention of 30 day notice needed or charge for failure of same) received a final bill for Euro 58.90.

Phoned customer services. Demanded to speak to supervisor, who was rude and argumentative and who didn't make any logical sense in defending initial zero bill advice and refused to provide a written confirmation of their stance defending final bill amount.

I cancelled direct debit and responded to subsequent demand f

or Euro 58.90 plus Euro 19 charge re direct debit, stating I wasn't going to pay until I received written response to my complaints (as above). Received letter threatening legal action within 10 days (letter arrived 5 days after date on letter) for Euro 58.90 (no direct debit mentioned).

I have still been unable to find any reference on www.eircom.ie confirming Euro 45 charge is appropriate for 30 day's notice not being provided.

Can someone advise where on www.eircom.ie fee is stated (or terms of calcualating it.)

I have been advised by a co-worker that transferring to another Irish phone / broadband provider does not incurr the 30 day minimum notice charge. Have I misunderstood the context of that in my case?

Another co-worker who switched from Eircom to UPC told me just to pay because reasoning with Eircom is hopeless and it's not worth the time or effort.

How many people are leaving Eircom due to it's shoddy customer services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 GoOnTaigh

I called Eircom today to cancel my landline having had the same reoccuring fault over the past 6 months, radio coming over the line. Old technology and lack of investment total rip off at approx 50 per month. This company better cop on fast or they will be bust on no time

The cancel email address I was given today was

phonecancellations@eircom.ie

I emailed earlier today and got no reply surprise surprise so be careful if using this address

30 days notice for a line that doesn't work. I give up talking to eircom not good for my health

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

GoOnTaigh wrote: »
    I called Eircom today to cancel my landline having had the same reoccuring fault over the past 6 months, radio coming over the line. Old technology and lack of investment total rip off at approx 50 per month. This company better cop on fast or they will be bust on no time

The cancel email address I was given today was

phonecancellations@eircom.ie

I emailed earlier today and got no reply surprise surprise so be careful if using this address

30 days notice for a line that doesn't work. I give up talking to eircom not good for my health

Hi GoOnTaigh
    I am sorry that you did not get your issue resolved and am happy to take a look at this for you. I can speak to local techs and see what their opinion of the situation is? Just PM me your tel no...
    Regarding your cancellation email you should receive notification within a few days on this, however if you would like me to ensure we have received this please pm me your account no.
    I will do my best on both points.
    Tony

Hi GoOnTaigh
    I am sorry that you did not get your issue resolved and am happy to take a look at this for you. I can speak to local techs and see what their opinion of the situation is? Just PM me your tel no...
    Regarding your cancellation email you should receive notification within a few days on this, however if you would like me to ensure we have received this please pm me your account no.
    Tony

Hi Tony

Thank you for the offer but I do not want another round of trying to fix the issue. I know what the issue is; it is the fact the lines have been there since the 1980's with no investment to upgrade the line or service so I am no longer interested in trying to get the issue resolved just a cancel will do nicely thank you.

I will PM you my account number so you can check my cancel email was received please

Regards
    James

Hi Tony

Any update on my cancellation please? No reply to my cancel email or letter early last week?

GoOnTaigh wrote: »
    Hi GoOnTaigh
    Tony

Hi Tony

Thank you for the offer but I do not want another round of trying to fix the issue. I know what the issue is; it is the fact the lines have been there since the 1980's with no investment to upgrade the line or service so I am no longer interested in trying to get the issue resolved just a cancel will do nicely thank you.

I will PM you my account number so you can check my cancel email was received please

Regards
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zbizness

Deliasz wrote: »
    hi, what is a mail address to eircom to cancel account ? phonecancelation@eircom.ie ?

thanks

The correct email is plural with two l's phonecancellations@eircom.ie.

Email Eircom with you account details i.e. address, account & phone number advising which package you wish to cancel.

Eircom will not confirm receipt of your email straight away, so if you are like me left waiting it is a good idea to call a couple of days later to make sure they have received your email and the the cancellation is in process.

I emailed on the 29th of Jan to cancel my broadband/phone package and was advised that my BB would be cancelled on the 23rd & Ph on the 27th of Feb with a final bill a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darrenfahy60

I figured here was as good a place as any to post this in the hopes that anyone else with the same experience can gain something from this info..

My reason for contacting Eircom originally was because of performance issues i had with their Zyxel Modem which at first would reboot Intermitantly and lately proceeded to just lose connection completely and the only way to regain it was to power down and back up the modem.From all the posts i have read on these boards its clearly a hardware issue with defective modems.
    Eircom tech support told me i had 2 options basically in order to recieve a new modem.
    1. Sign into a new 12 month contract.
    2. purchase a new modem from them for €50.
    I personally found both these options insulting that i should have to pay for their defective equipment while paying €68 for a sub-standard service.
    I contacted Broadband tech support twice,Eircom customer service once and even complaints dept who all told me these options were my only options available so basically like it or lump it.

Ok so i contact Comreg who take my complaint and give me further numbers to contact to investigate this issue further and also give me a case number to appraise them of any updates to my case.

Now comes the kicker after contacting UPC i'm advised i can receive 100mb fibre broadband from them for €55 a month €13 less than eircom and a jump from 8mb to 100mb broadband...Lovely so i contact eircom to cancel my account as my 12 month contract is up and the person in cancellations tells me he can issue me with a new modem today that will be delivered Monday free of charge...My reply is too little too late i have been given the runaround for 2 days over the phone and had i been stupid enough would have ended up paying €50 or be stuck with another 12 months Contract..
    Apparently the person in cancellations told me only their dept. was capable of making the offer to do what in my eyes was right to begin with by replacing eircoms faulty equipment at their expense and not mine....

Heres some info for those of you that don't know . Eircom has since stopped using this zyxel defective modem but the new modems are only issued to new connections so the rest of you with their defective equipment can basically whistle dixie,Pay for a new modem or just call to cancel service then watch them try to offer you whatever they can to get you to stay as a customer..
    After my last call to eircom to cancel the account i was advised it could not be done over the phone even though my initial sign up could but that i would have to apply in writing to the e-mail address phonecancellations@eircom.ie which i did no confirmation was received to say the e-mail was received and the process was started sooo the Saga continues..

With Business models like this operating in the Irish economy its no wonder that this country is in the state it is in.Eircom seriously needs to look at the way they conduct their business and also the level of training their support staff are given and also the attitude of them.I look forward to moving back to UPC and hope to god i never have to deal with Eircom again they are a disgrace at dealing with their paying Customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Im thinking of changing providers too as eircom is just too expensive for what you get.

Has anyone successfuly cancelled their account without incurring any charges??

I figured here was as good a place as any to post this in the hopes that anyone else with the same experience can gain something from this info..

My reason for contacting Eircom originally was because of performance issues i had with their Zyxel Modem which at first would reboot Intermitantly and lately proceeded to just lose connection completely and the only way to regain it was to power down and back up the modem.From all the posts i have read on these boards its clearly a hardware issue with defective modems.
    Eircom tech support told me i had 2 options basically in order to recieve a new modem.
    1. Sign into a new 12 month contract.
    2. purchase a new modem from them for €50.
    I personally found both these options insulting that i should have to pay for their defective equipment while paying €68 for a sub-standard service.
    I contacted Broadband tech support twice,Eircom customer service once and even complaints dept who all told me these options were my only options available so basically like it or lump it.

Ok so i contact Comreg who take my complaint and give me further numbers to contact to investigate this issue further and also give me a case number to appraise them of any updates to my case.

Now comes the kicker after contacting UPC i'm advised i can receive 100mb fibre broadband from them for €55 a month €13 less than eircom and a jump from 8mb to 100mb broadband...Lovely so i contact eircom to cancel my account as my 12 month contract is up and the person in cancellations tells me he can issue me with a new modem today that will be delivered Monday free of charge...My reply is too little too late i have been given the runaround for 2 days over the phone and had i been stupid enough would have ended up paying €50 or be stuck with another 12 months Contract..
    Apparently the person in cancellations told me only their dept. was capable of making the offer to do what in my eyes was right to begin with by replacing eircoms faulty equipment at their expense and not mine....

Heres some info for those of you that don't know . Eircom has since stopped using this zyxel defective modem but the new modems are only issued to new connections so the rest of you with their defective equipment can basically whistle dixie,Pay for a new modem or just call to cancel service then watch them try to offer you whatever they can to get you to stay as a customer..
    After my last call to eircom to cancel the account i was advised it could not be done over the phone even though my initial sign up could but that i would have to apply in writing to the e-mail address phonecancellations@eircom.ie which i did no confirmation was received to say the e-mail was received and the process was started sooo the Saga continues..

With Business models like this operating in the Irish economy its no wonder that this country is in the state it is in.Eircom seriously needs to look at the way they conduct their business and also the level of training their support staff are given and also the attitude of them.I look forward to moving back to UPC and hope to god i never have to deal with Eircom again they are a disgrace at dealing with their paying Customers.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum.

I'm not aware of a new model of modem that eircom are supplying to new customers, other than the ZyXEL router. If you have the name or model please let me know and I will investigate this. Also PM with your eircom Account number if you need me to check on your broadband connection with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Gatica,

Thanks for your post.

If you need any assistance, please PM me with your, or your parents details, and I will look into this.

Cheers Ant

PM'd the info and my contact number. Thanks for getting back to me!
    I will update in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

PM'd the info and my contact number. Thanks for getting back to me!
    I will update in a few days.
    Hi Gatica
    Thanks have received this and you should have a PM reply from my colleague Mark.
    Tony

• Advertisement

The connection has been sorted out! A technician came out today and rewired some box coming into the house. The account has also been credited to start billing from April.

Thanks for all the help!

The connection has been sorted out! A technician came out today and rewired some box coming into the house. The account has also been credited to start billing from April.

Thanks for all the help!

Hi Gatica,

No problem, glad it's all sorted :)

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seanai_C

Hi,

I'm moving out of my apartment and need to cancel my eircom contract. Is there any way of getting the contract cancelled immediately without having to give 30 days notice?

Seanai_C wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm moving out of my apartment and need to cancel my eircom contract. Is there any way of getting the contract cancelled immediately without having to give 30 days notice?

Hi Seanai_C,

If you contact our service team on 1800 242 633 they will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department. Once you have recorded your intention to cease they will give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will also advise you on your current contract and final bill status.

Regards
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

zbizness wrote: »
    The correct email is plural with two l's phonecancellations@eircom.ie.

Email Eircom with you account details i.e. address, account & phone number advising which package you wish to cancel.

I just called to cancel and was told I had to send a 'handwritten letter' to their Ballymount address. When I asked if I could send an email instead, I was told 'no, because everyone has broadband these days and can send emails'. WTF?

Ridiculous and archaic carry on. I'm going to lodge a complaint with Comreg.

VisionaryP wrote: »
    I just called to cancel and was told I had to send a 'handwritten letter' to their Ballymount address. When I asked if I could send an email instead, I was told 'no, because everyone has broadband these days and can send emails'. WTF?

Ridiculous and archaic carry on. I'm going to lodge a complaint with Comreg.

Hi VisionaryP,

There are slightly different process' depending on if the customer wants to just cancel the service or if they want to move to another telephone provider on the same network.

The written request is usually if a customer is moving to another provider on another network (UPC, Mangnet) and want to port the number to that network.?

What is it that you were looking to do?

Thanks, Mark

No Mark, the porting process is done via a simple form that's filled out for the new provider. I did that already and got my number ported within 48 hours.

This is a straightforward account closure request.

It's simply Eircom trying to make if difficult to cancel so that they can squeeze every last cent out of the customer. There's no legal basis to require a written letter over an email or a phonecall.

No Mark, the porting process is done via a simple form that's filled out for the new provider. I did that already and got my number ported within 48 hours.

This is a straightforward account closure request.

It's simply Eircom trying to make if difficult to cancel so that they can squeeze every last cent out of the customer. There's no legal basis to require a written letter over an email or a phonecall.

Hi VisionaryP,

Can you send me a PM with your eircom account number and who it is that you ar moving to and I will look into it with our cancellations team.

And get back to you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

I will Mark, but can I ask why you need to know who I am moving to? The number porting has already happened. I simply want to close an account.

• Advertisement

I will Mark, but can I ask why you need to know who I am moving to? The number porting has already happened. I simply want to close an account.

Hi VisionaryP,

I just wanted to check the provider to insure the cancellation process outlined to you was correct.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement