Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling eircom account

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I'm trying to cancel my phone and broadband but first I'm informed that I'm in a contract until next April (1st I've heard of that, nicely hidden Eircom) and then that my 9 calls to tech support haven't proven an issue yet so Elizabeth (useful as a glass hammer) on 1901 transfers me through to them again. Half an hour later nobody has picked up. I am paying for a service I'm not getting and I'm sick of it. I'm going to cancel my standing order as it seems to be the only way to get them to listen. UPC send engineers out to cure issues, Eircom spend their time asking if the bloody router is plugged in despite the fact that my partner and I both work in IT. How about some support on THAT admin?!

Hi GalwayLondon,

I am very sorry for the delay in responding to your query. if you would like to PM me with your tel no: or eircom account number I can look into the ongoing broadband issues you have been having.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi, has cancellation email address changed? After sending e-mail a got this in reply:

Reporting-MTA: dns;DNEXGW01.eircom.ie
    Received-From-MTA: dns;emps3.eircom.ie
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:46:42 +0100

Final-Recipient: rfc822;phonecancelation@eircom.ie
    Action: failed

Reporting-MTA: dns;dnexgw02.eircom.ie
    Received-From-MTA: dns;emps3.eircom.ie
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:07:14 +0100

Final-Recipient: rfc822;phonecancellation@eircom.ie
    Action: failed

I am canceling my broadband, BTW.

Hi branoblazek

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1800 242 633 or 1901. Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

I know this process seems a little complicated but this way there should be two records of the customers call to cancel the account as well as the e-mail or letter they subsequently send in. Also the customer may need to be advised of any possible contract cancellation charges.

So should you ever need to enquire about the request we have a few options to track it from the the first call.

Unfortunately only our cancellation team can give out this email address once you have logged your requested to cancel broadband with them.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2 branoblazek

Hi branoblazek

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1800 242 633 or 1901. Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

I know this process seems a little complicated but this way there should be two records of the customers call to cancel the account as well as the e-mail or letter they subsequently send in. Also the customer may need to be advised of any possible contract cancellation charges.

So should you ever need to enquire about the request we have a few options to track it from the the first call.

Unfortunately only our cancellation team can give out this email address once you have logged your requested to cancel broadband with them.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda, I called your cancellation team. I assume that they gave me wrong email address so I will not be able to close my account and eircom will continue charging me for broadband which is BTW already disconected (it took them only 20min to disconect it). :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi Linda, I called your cancellation team. I assume that they gave me wrong email address so I will not be able to close my account and eircom will continue charging me for broadband which is BTW already disconected (it took them only 20min to disconect it). :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi branoblazek

Apologies for that but we have to give this information to customers who are looking to cancel as this is the process. If you can PM me your telephone/account number and I can chase this up with cancellations for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 34 awful

Hi

I am a new Eircom customer, signed up as no UPC in the area I have just moved to. Firstly the broadband performance is poor at best - it is slow and is intermittent. Then, a Vodafone rep knocked on our door and says that she believes the line will support up to 17Mb. I am on upto 8Mb and speedtest has never gone above 2.3Mb.

Then, yesterday we get our first bill and it is €30 more than we were expecting. I picked up the landline to call Eircom and landline was down. I went to the internet and that was down too! Both came back up about 30 minutes later. Yesterday evening, I went to make a phone call and the line was down again. In the new year I will be working from home and I cannot work on that basis!

We called Eircom today and they say they will charge us to the end of the year if we wish to cancel, so my question is do I have to just accept poor performance from Eircom? I believe that this poor performance is breach of contract as they are not providing the services they are paid to and I want to know what I can do.

My next call (if the phone is working) will be ComReg.

Thanks

• Advertisement

awful wrote: »
    Hi

I am a new Eircom customer, signed up as no UPC in the area I have just moved to. Firstly the broadband performance is poor at best - it is slow and is intermittent. Then, a Vodafone rep knocked on our door and says that she believes the line will support up to 17Mb. I am on upto 8Mb and speedtest has never gone above 2.3Mb.

Then, yesterday we get our first bill and it is €30 more than we were expecting. I picked up the landline to call Eircom and landline was down. I went to the internet and that was down too! Both came back up about 30 minutes later. Yesterday evening, I went to make a phone call and the line was down again. In the new year I will be working from home and I cannot work on that basis!

We called Eircom today and they say they will charge us to the end of the year if we wish to cancel, so my question is do I have to just accept poor performance from Eircom? I believe that this poor performance is breach of contract as they are not providing the services they are paid to and I want to know what I can do.

My next call (if the phone is working) will be ComReg.

Thanks

Hi awful

Can you Pm me your telephone/account number and I can investigate this further?

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 34 awful

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

mrgardener wrote: »
    Just found out its phonecancellations@eircom.ie.

Beggars belief that the Eircom Rep Tony just couldn't post it!

This came up before and I think its the "s" at the end that makes the difference.

For some reason Eircom seem to be a bit anal about giving out the email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

awful wrote: »
    PM Sent

Hi awful.

Linda asked me to look into your issue. I sent you a PM, PM me back when you can.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 summerdayz

Should I call 1901 before writing the letter to cancel? Or just go ahead and write the letter as outlined above on this thread. I am not sure if I am in or out of contract. How can I find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Hi Eircom lads,
    I'm moving to sky for phone and broadband do I need to do anything or is it all handled by Sky?
    Thanks for your help
    Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi markad1

Before organising a move to another provider please call our accounts department on free phone 1901 and after entering your phone number press option 4 and then 3.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Thanks Alan,
    I rang that number but then had to call 1800 200 481 as Eircom changed my contract in Aug without my permission which led to comreg and and a load of other stuff as I'm sure you can imagine..
    I have to wait for Eircom bill when it's changed over and then they will address it.
    Again Thanks Alan,
    Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Mark

Glad to hear this situation is being looked after but also sorry this happened in the first place. Apologies for the inconvenience caused Mark.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Hi
    I was with vodafone for a year, Eircom rang me in August to go back
    for the same deal ., I said ok, The guy never told me i would have to pay in advance for eircom, Got first bill it was about 20 euro Phone only no broadband. deal is 40 a month
    It took eircom 4 weeks to connect up broadband after as many phone calls,Then in September i got a bill for 78 euro rang them and wanted to know what the story was they said i had to pay a month in advance, i paid but told them i was not made aware of this, i asked for bi-monthly bill Guy told me fine, then in November got a bill for 168.56, rang again was told they would ring back, didn't. rang again and the rude woman hung up,
    rang again and the girl was nice but couldn't do anything for me, so she put me through to cancelllations who also hung up on me,was talking to someone on line she could do nothing for me either,
    What do i do now cannot pay 168 or near for 2 months phone want to cancel cause as far as i am concerened they did not adhere to the contract they made with me, any advice ??:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

kmscc wrote: »
    Hi
    I was with vodafone for a year, Eircom rang me in August to go back
    for the same deal ., I said ok, The guy never told me i would have to pay in advance for eircom, Got first bill it was about 20 euro Phone only no broadband. deal is 40 a month
    It took eircom 4 weeks to connect up broadband after as many phone calls,Then in September i got a bill for 78 euro rang them and wanted to know what the story was they said i had to pay a month in advance, i paid but told them i was not made aware of this, i asked for bi-monthly bill Guy told me fine, then in November got a bill for 168.56, rang again was told they would ring back, didn't. rang again and the rude woman hung up,
    rang again and the girl was nice but couldn't do anything for me, so she put me through to cancelllations who also hung up on me,was talking to someone on line she could do nothing for me either,
    What do i do now cannot pay 168 or near for 2 months phone want to cancel cause as far as i am concerened they did not adhere to the contract they made with me, any advice ??:(:(

Hi kmscc

If you would like to PM me your account details I'll investigate this for you?

Regards
    Linda

Hi,
    Just got through to cancellations and they have sorted it
    for me now after nearly 5mths with eircom,
    Thanks for your help anyway hopefully all will go well now:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

kmscc wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just got through to cancellations and they have sorted it
    for me now after nearly 5mths with eircom,
    Thanks for your help anyway hopefully all will go well now:P

Hi kmscc

No worries, I'm glad to hear it's sorted for you. If you have any further queries get back to us here.

Regards
    Linda

Last week was talking to a girl in cancellations and she said she would sort things for me, told me when i got my universal number from vodafone to ring eircom and everything would be sorted vodafone told me the same,was going to move back to vodafone cause i was so pissed with eircom,
    rang eircom today with number and they told me i have to open new account i swear to god if they charge me in advance again i will go through the roof, the girl i was speaking to today said that what ever i had agreed with cancellation departement was with them and not sales, I am really beginning to think eircom are a compelete mess at this stage, I haven't paid the bill for 168 euros yet cause the girl in cancellations was trying to sort out why i had been charged so much, the girl today tells me i could be cut off ...... do they not have a combined computer system...... I have a bad feeling about this....... help !!!!!!!!

Advertisement