Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sperm.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

But its mad to think about, you could have been your brother, or sister, if a different sperm met a different egg...

No you couldn't. I could be wrong, but would your brother or sister simply not be themselves ? Why are you coming into this ? You wouldn't exist ? Perhaps you are that other brother you talk of ? You are that other brother that you talk of. You are that brother you talk of. You don't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I don't feel guilty about loading a bunch of "souls" in to a sock. So no, I don't believe that each sperm cell has a soul and that if you were to be born from another you'd be a different person. See the sperm would meet the egg and become the zygoat, do I need to start from the beginning?

It's not until x months in to a persons life that you develop an actual personality and become an individual in thinking and doing.

I'm way too f*cking sober for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You don't exist.
    Coito ergo sum! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I actually do. Some personality traits would have a certain degree of heritability.
    Sperm are weird, they're like little animals that live in your balls.

Coito ergo sum! :cool:

A point made in latin? /thread.

I'd prefer cogito ergo sum.........but........yeah it was just a play on that wasn't it? <facepalms>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chasenlife

chin_grin wrote: »
    It's not until x months in to a persons life that you develop an actual personality and become an individual in thinking and doing.
    but who says this? has anyone tried actually seeing if the sperm is "alive" to some extent.

i don't see how we can totally disregard this theory.

i mean what if we as humans are "sperm" in one big scrotom. when we die as humans, we have been shot out of the scrotom. just like the way we shoot out the sperm from our ballsacks

I'd prefer cogito ergo sum.........but........yeah it was just a play on that wasn't it? <facepalms>
    You definitely are too sober! :D

And I prefer my version ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    little animals that live in your balls.

That just sounds...wrong.

chasenlife wrote: »
    but who says this? has anyone tried actually seeing if the sperm is "alive" to some extent.

i don't see how we can totally disregard this theory.

i mean what if we as humans are "sperm" in one big scrotom. when we die as humans, we have been shot out of the scrotom. just like the way we shoot out the sperm from our ballsacks

Science says it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sperm

They are reproductive CELLS. Do I have to link the wiki page for "cells"?

I'm starting to take you for a troll.

How about if I said that the branches of trees resemble the physical make up of our lungs (bronchioles\etc). And guess what? They're both used in gaseous exchange! Mind, blown.

Tbh, I think this thread is just one fapulous tissue of lies ... >_>

• Advertisement

**** sake. i'm just bumping ideas around and just because they are a little outthere I am labelled a troll.

just because i don't fit into your clique of being a regular poster doesn't mean i should be persecuted.

i think you should apologise. not only for defamation of my character but also for killing this thread. well done.

i think it is you, who is the troll.

pathetic.

**** sake. i'm just bumping ideas around and just because they are a little outthere I am labelled a troll.

just because i don't fit into your clique of being a regular poster doesn't mean i should be persecuted.

i think you should apologise. not only for defamation of my character but also for killing this thread. well done.

i think it is you, who is the troll.

pathetic.

The lady doth protest too much methinks?

look at you trying to get your thanks from other clique board members.

maybe you'll get a thanks from a mod? i bet you'll let out a little sex wee if that happens.

i was simply throwing ideas around, not saying they were fact or set in stone and you just can't run with it. now you're trying to be all clever and smug, impress your other boardsie friends yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

just thought of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I reckon sperms are like usb sticks. They have, say, a start up file for a program (D.N.A/baby making material) on them. You have to lob it into a computer (some chick), it can then turn into a programme (person). Until then it's useless.

look at you trying to get your thanks from other clique board members.

maybe you'll get a thanks from a mod? i bet you'll let out a little sex wee if that happens.

i was simply throwing ideas around, not saying they were fact or set in stone and you just can't run with it. now you're trying to be all clever and smug, impress your other boardsie friends yeah?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Fago! wrote: »
    I reckon sperms are like usb sticks. They have, say, a start up file for a program (D.N.A/baby making material) on them. You have to lob it into a hard drive (some chick), it can then turn into a programme (person). Until then it's useless.

yeah because we plug usb's into hard drives :confused::p

Aoifey! wrote: »
    oooooh lets all gang up on the new guy. is that the new thing is it? is it?

bullies.

(Ejaculate)

He's bringing it back on topic. Y'know how sperm has an identity or some other point that I'm obviously too stupid to "get" even though my mind is set in the realm of science and we've learned that he has a violent streak in the form of not being able to articulate a rebuttal that was initially in the form of sarcasm.

bullies.

Um, not really, I was just wondering what a "little sex wee" was?

• Advertisement

Saila wrote: »
    yeah because we plug usb's into hard drives :confused::p

Ha, ye know what i mean. Computer/usb port.

The very thing this peculiar thread is about. baby gravy.

ok then.

bullies.
    New?

Hmmmmmm ....
    Ha, ye know what i mean. Computer/usb port.
    I'm here visualising the relative size difference between a USB stick and a computer, Fago!, and you aren't really coming out well out of the comparison!! :pac:

The very thing this peculiar thread is about. baby gravy.

This thread is like Ronseal.

I'm here visualising the relative size difference between a USB stick and a computer, Fago!, and you aren't really coming out well out of the comparison!! :pac:

Hey, if that's what he's into :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

Do you think each sperm has a personality and is murdered when it doesn't make the grade to get into the womans love sack?

When you blow a load, millions of sperm come out. Do you think that each sperm has a predetermined personality and the one that gets through is the one that you are obviously stuck with?

Its the only race I ever won so **** um dog eat dog world

Great! Now you've put this in my head.

New?

Hmmmmmm ....

i meant external hard drive.

• Advertisement

I get lonely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement